First Salt Potatoes of the Season

Frank,
they actually market small bags of 'salt potatoes', kits really. about 2 lbs with a bag of salt, they put young potatoes in there, 2" across at the largest. You could do that with any smaller potato I suppose, but they're a 'thing' around here. I've never seen them elsewhere in all of my travels across the US of A

Dispite Buffalo's reputation as the Snow Capital of the US, Ned probably gets more snow than we do. The Syracuse area tends to get a heavier snow fall than the Buffalo area does. I have relatives in that area, and they have to shovel their roofs occasionaly. That is very much of a rarity in the Buffalo area.

I guess more people have heard of Buffalo than Syracuse, so that's why we get the reputation for lots of snow. :huh:

Dispite Buffalo's reputation as the Snow Capital of the US, Ned probably gets more snow than we do. The Syracuse area tends to get a heavier snow fall than the Buffalo area does. I have relatives in that area, and they have to shovel their roofs occasionaly. That is very much of a rarity in the Buffalo area.

I guess more people have heard of Buffalo than Syracuse, so that's why we get the reputation for lots of snow. :huh:

five words:
Lake effect from lake Ontario.

nuff said.