Cabinet for LOML

Jay Lock

Hi everyone

LOML wanted a cabinet to hang her necklaces, so this is what I came up with

The doors are purple heart, the rest of the cabinet is maple. It doesn't show very well in the photo, but there is a narrow mirror on the left hand side.

This was a first for me working with Purple heart, I like it a lot although I did have a bit of tear-out. Other firsts include using knife hinges, and wipe-on poly and micro mesh sanding pads. I like the finish results on the doors but I am glad I didn't keep track of the number of coats. I took them back down to 400 grit three times and re-coated, there still are a few grain ripples but I finally called it quits.

LOML likes the results so that is the important thing!

Jay

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Jesse, I designed it, we basically took a bunch of her stuff and figured out the spacing and with that general grid in mind went for the cabinet size.

Jay

Allen

LOL, since we both turned 60 this month, I am sure that she will be very pleased with your comment!

Jay

well jay i had go back and look again after seein it the first time i wasnt sure which was the jewel?:D then realized that they both were.. florida weather has been good to you for sure.. that purple heart is striking and her grin dazzels like the jewels:thumb:

Allen beat me to the "daughter" comment, but I'll join in the chorus of folks complimenting the cabinet. Very nice job, Jay.

Great looking cabinet Jay, and making your lovely wife happy is the best, ain't it :D

BTW, after seeing pics of you lovely wife, I now know why Jay is always smiling! knoll-av.jpg :thumb:

Happy 60th to the both of you!

Cheers!

Hi Jay, :wave:
That has really turned out lovely. That slender mirror is a nice addition. I am so proud that you designed it yourself. :thumb: Sounds like you saved money by not hiring a designer!:eek: Go buy some love beads for your pretty bride with the money you saved.:D
"Everybody has an opinion".:)
Shaz