Revision 64.12-A ;-) Request for additional input and suggestions

Al Navas

My thanks to all who commented and provided guidance in the design of this entertainment center. I have made several changes, and have incorporated many of the suggestions.

Although this rendering shows a flat screen unit, the TV set will most likely be a standard set - it is yet to be decided.

Please let me know what you think. THANKS a bunch again, and thanks for looking!

-------- Al

Entctrconcept-10basemolding-small.jpg

Al, this is really looking great. Well done! The center section looks a bit tall, maybe an inch or two, but that might just be the perspective. none-the-less, it's something I would be proud to have in my home - even more proud if my limited skills would allow me to build it!

much better, those doors helped concentrate your eyes toward the center of the cabinet.. looks like a winner to me ,,,the software you mentioned is it pricey?

Hi Al,
This is my first viewing of this piece. It is very attractive in many ways.:)
The doors, the step back and the variation in height are all quite nice. What is the size as it doesn't all fit on my screen?
You have changed your crown mold when you got to the center piece, how come?
That coloring use is also very pleasing, makes me want to build something and use the turquoise and charcoal on the inside. Are you intending to add those colors?
Thanks, Good job.
Shaz

...You have changed your crown mold when you got to the center piece, how come?...
Thanks, Shaz! NOW, in this version, the crown molding is all the same. THAT may be the one thing that will have to be changed to a more traditional look. :thumb:

...That coloring use is also very pleasing, makes me want to build something and use the turquoise and charcoal on the inside. Are you intending to add those colors? ...
The color is the result of using "glass" in the rendition, Shaz. That, plus I have added lighting. The combination produces some strange, but pleasing effects sometimes in the program, Shaz. Thanks for your feedback!

To all:

Once again, thanks for looking!

This is the latest version of the entertainment center - it includes pretty much all the comments and suggestions received here and elsewhere. NOW I feel that I can discuss with the clients, as several options are now obvious.

It is possible that after showing this version and two other versions to the clients, additional renderings will be what they wish to see. THAT is OK by me! In this version i have made a change to the height of the side cabinets. It seems that it all ties together a little better - BUT I value YOUR opinion, I still would love to hear what you have to say about this latest.

My sincere thanks to all who took the time to look at the earlier designs, and to give me valuable feedback and input. I appreciate it all!!!

FullEntertainmentcenterconcept-11.jpg

Oh yeah, I like that much better. It is amazing the difference that the consistent crown made. The door and other center piece changes balance much better too. Bear in mind I am one of those who knows what he likes when he sees it but can't often make it from scratch. Seeing your latest . .. I like it.

Al

It looks great! One thought tho, you might want to consider "forward compatibility" on the design for the TV space. I think (but I'm no expert) that all new TVs are going to have to be HD compatible at some near future date -- and that they are all "picture box" (I think that is the correct phrase for the horizontal orientation) in sizes. So, even if they have a "standard" TV right now, if they decide to buy on new one in the future the size may be a problem. I have a friend who built an entertainment center several years ago is is facing that exact problem.

Jay

Hi Al,
It is a lovely piece.
For some reason I am unsure of the contrast in openness of the airy windows and shelves verses the large mass of "visual door" when closed. Oriental half round applique, or proportionate ebonized rectangles on each door upon which the knob or pull would mount? Thinking thin:dunno: , I am not sure, just thinking with the keyboard.:D
Shaz