Hello & greetings to all

Darrin Wyatt

I wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I ran across your forum mentioned at another site so I gave it a look. I've been very impressed with what I've read here and hope to be adopted into the Family.

I'm not a woodworker per se though I've worked (self-employed) for various periods of time over the last 30 years in the construction and remodeling business.

My grand dream is to in the next 3 years or so retire from my current civil service job and expand my very small part-time remodeling/trim carpentry business and specialize in high end trim and cabinetry work as well as historic restoration.

It looks like your forum will be a great source of knowledge to help me see my dream through to fruition. And on the chance I can be of help to any of you I'll do my best to share what I know.

I read elsewhere that you all like pictures so I'll see if I can attach one. It's just some ordinary red oak traditional craftsman style moulding that I'm finishing & installing. (FWIW I'm a converted waterbourne finish guy.) :)

Best Regards to all,

Darrin Wyatt

Attachments

• RO Trad. Craftsman.jpg
    RO Trad. Craftsman.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 34
Hey Darrin, welcome to the family! :wave:

Good first post, you included a pic! :thumb: :D

We like pics! :rolleyes:

Now how about a shop tour?

Your dream sounds like a good one, we have a member here, Jim Hager, (Bony) who has just finished his last days teaching and will now go full time in his wood working business.

Again, welcome! :wave:

Hi Darrin
Nice introduction, based on that will allow you to be adopted into the family.

Coffee pot is on!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Much appreciated. I'm starting to feel right at home.

Vaughn- You are correct, no islands as far as I can tell. Just some oversized sandbars on the Platte. :) Just a cartography rumor type thing started by the French way back when...Il de Grand...or something like that.

Stuart- Alas, no shop picture. I lack just one small prerequisite...a shop. :D My garage is just 18' x 18' and I can't even shut the door when I pull my truck in. I pray every night for bolt of lightning if you get my drift.

I do have a space in the basement about 8' x 25' that someday will be a small shop area for misc. small projects and some tool/hardware/finishing product storage. Right now it's just full of overflow stuff from the main floor and basement area I'm remodling under orders from SWMBO. ;)

Thanks again everyone for making me feel right at home.

I'll attach a pic of me and my canine pals, Bosch and Porter. Can you guess who is who? And how about my spray rig for base and casing and the like and my cut station.

Darrin

Attachments

• Bosch Porter and Me.jpg
    Bosch Porter and Me.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Spray Rig Small Projects.jpg
    Spray Rig Small Projects.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Cut Station.jpg
    Cut Station.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 16
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Much appreciated. I'm starting to feel right at home.

Vaughn- You are correct, no islands as far as I can tell. Just some oversized sandbars on the Platte. :) Just a cartography rumor type thing started by the French way back when...Il de Grand...or something like that.

Stuart- Alas, no shop picture. I lack just one small prerequisite...a shop. :D My garage is just 18' x 18' and I can't even shut the door when I pull my truck in. I pray every night for bolt of lightning if you get my drift.

I do have a space in the basement about 8' x 25' that someday will be a small shop area for misc. small projects and some tool/hardware/finishing product storage. Right now it's just full of overflow stuff from the main floor and basement area I'm remodling under orders from SWMBO. ;)

Thanks again everyone for making me feel right at home.

I'll attach a pic of me and my canine pals, Bosch and Porter. Can you guess who is who? And how about my spray rig for base and casing and the like and my cut station.

Darrin
Hey Darrin,
You're in! It is not your cut station, it is not your paint rig, it ain't your desire to do woodworking, IT'S THE DOGS...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .They are good look'in but who is the guy they are hangin out with?:dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Welcome,
Shaz

Hey Darrin,
You're in! IT'S THE DOGS...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .They are good look'in but who is the guy they are hangin out with?:dunno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Shaz

Shaz:
Cant believe you are cutting him up already comparing to him to the dogs, give him a break.
Now write on the black board 100 times
"I"M SORRY Darrin"
:bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers:

Hey Darrin,
You're in! It is not your cut station, it is not your paint rig, it ain't your desire to do woodworking, IT'S THE DOGS... .They are good look'in but who is the guy they are hangin out with?
Welcome,
Shaz (Haven't figured out the quote box thing yet.) :dunno:

Shaz,

Alas, as all those who know me and all those I am yet to meet would and will say, truer words (yours) have never been spoken.

I've even written a good ol' country tune entitled, :guitar: "If It Weren't For My Dogs I'd Have No Friends At All." :D

I do have one thing up on them though, thumbs....OK 2 things. :thumb:

Does a man good getting his chops busted every now and then. Thanks for the laugh! :)

Darrin

Shaz:
Cant believe you are cutting him up already comparing to him to the dogs, give him a break.
Now write on the black board 100 times
"I"M SORRY Darrin"
:bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers:
Hi Darren, :wave:
I am very sorry if I offended you by my comments, I meant no offense. Sometimes I get too comfortable with people before they know me. What I said about you and the dogs is a comment I would use with a friend in friendly banter. Since we are unfamiliar with one another please , for now accept my apology. :)
To Bob Spare,
Thank you for standing up for someone you thought was being done wrong, that is a good quality.:thumb:
Shaz
Okay, now where is that CHALK????:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Darren, :wave:
I am very sorry if I offended you by my comments, I meant no offense. Sometimes I get too comfortable with people before they know me. What I said about you and the dogs is a comment I would use with a friend in friendly banter. Since we are unfamiliar with one another please , for now accept my apology. :)
To Bob Spare,
Thank you for standing up for someone you thought was being done wrong, that is a good quality.:thumb:
Shaz
Okay, now where is that CHALK????:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shaz,

No apology needed. No offense taken at all. :) (see my previous post a few back if you missed it.)

However, I will use this as an opportunity to post another picture of my canine companions at one of their finest moments. :D

Best Regards,

Darrin

Attachments

• Bosch & Porter Mud Dogs.jpg
    Bosch & Porter Mud Dogs.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 13