son-in-law being deployed - - again

Frank Fusco

My son-in-law got word yesterday that he is being deployed to the mid-east in about one week. He will be going to an Air Force Base near Kuwait City, Kuwait. It is not Iraq but still a sensitive region, just 39 miles from the Iraq border. We looked up a site that describes the base. It is in one of the hottest (climate wise) areas in the world. Daytime temps, year round, rarely go under 120 degrees. The base is a tent city, no luxury. He served one tour in Iraq about a year ago and received many awards, commendations and an early promotion for his accomplishments. Our daughter picked a good one for her husband and we are proud of them both.

Attachments

• waving Bennington flag.gif
    waving Bennington flag.gif
    8 KB · Views: 65
Our daughter picked a good one for her husband and we are proud of them both.
Please extend my deepest and most sincere thanks to your SIL for his service to our country and for his efforts to keep those of us here at home safe and sound. Ditto to your daughter for picking and supporting such a fine young man.:thumb: :clap:

Ditto! :thumb:

If there is anything he can use, just holler, I can send him a package cheap from here, I just send it to a buddy on base here, and he puts it in the military postal system and your SIL will get it.

Cheers!

Send our best wishies and prayers to your son-law and daughter. God bless them both.

When I am in a store and see a service man in uniform
walk up to them and shake their hand.

Quote: "My family and myself appreciate your service, God bless you and yours" Unquote

You should see the startled look on their faces.

I thank you all. I'm pretty emotional about this. He is a whole lot safer there than the Army and Marines in Baghdad but I still worry. Stu, I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks.