Well, I know I have bugged you all enough with photos, but I think ya can take just a few more...
Tonight was the final step, I just had to fabricate the new u-bolt. This would of been much eaiser if I had a real set of gas torches and not just Mapp gas!
Here is the original u-bolt and some 5/16" stock to make the new one out of.
I made the rod about .5" longer and tapped extra threads so that I could just trim the threads down to get the exact length.
And as you can see, this was the case but due to prior planning this was not a problem! 
Now for some glory shots with paint and all the glitz...
I polished a couple parts this time at the tailstock handle and the bearing caps at the headstock. I am awaiting some link belt so I can put that belt back on, but for now I found a spare one that fits, but what a diffrence in vibration! [xx(]
It's hard to tell, but I also repainted the Delta tag too.
All in all, well worth the work to make it into a 14" lathe. I may repaint the lower block for the tailstock. I primed it and sanded it while togather and the seam is filled, but if you look close you can see it. I would rather the seam be seen and not "kinda" hidden. This can be done later easy enough.
I am now rebuilding my tool rests, I am carefully using a spot weld cutter to cut 90% of the weld and then with it held in a vice a pipe wrench pop's off the rest of the weld so I can just change the post and not rebuild the entire tool rest.
Oh, the full details can be seen here: www.yankeetoys.org/lee/lathe-lift.htm