Must have for fishermen

Bob Spare

Here is a neat setup for fishermen.
One could start now and be ready for winter.

You got to see what is inside, all the comforts one could wish for.:thumb: :thumb:

IceShack-9.jpg

Here are the rest of the pictures, click on pictures
for a large view it will be worth your time.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/BobGlen/Ice Shack/

That looks like a nice portable man-cave to my eye. Not that I'm in any way a fisherman, despite my father and grandfather's best efforts. Lot of work in that shed, bet it gets used during the summer as a 'get-away' in the back yard too.

I like the look of the satellite dish, thinking about that for my shop, either that, or stealing a tap from the house for entertainment out in the shop. Depends on the final location of the shop, if I put it where I'm thinking of now, I'll pull a line, if it goes where I"ve got pics up, it gets its own dish.

He is obviously either 1. Single or 2. Doesn't get along well with his wife!!

Would have been fun to design and build but good grief!! Only thing missing was the sensors on the rods to trigger the reel to wind it's self up when the fish bite!

I like the look of the satellite dish, thinking about that for my shop, either that, or stealing a tap from the house for entertainment out in the shop.

Now I am wondering about you Ned. Thought you were building a wood shop? You need entertainment in your shop?? :huh: :dunno:

Jeff
Thinking the music and the woodworking were pretty entertaining. ;)

I once had to spend about a week on business in Fon Du Lac, Wisconsin. Nice town and nice folks there. But, this was summer and all anybody wanted to do was talk about ice fishing. All winter they just ice fish. All summer they sit around talking about ice fishing. Can we say "obsessed" boys and girls?

Frank,
while I'm sure we all have other passions, wouldn't the nice folks in Fon du Lac wonder about our focus on woodworking? I know my wife does at times. Just the other day she banished my woodworking mags from the reading room. (all but a few). I suppose she had a point, but there were only enough for a 1' tall stack. :huh: :dunno:

To small my Lobster won't fit inside that small shack!!
So...do you take your lobster ice fishing often? :rofl:

That's quite a fishing shack, Bob. If I were ice fishing, I'd want that level of amenities. Unfortunately, it'd get mighty wet using that thing here in Southern California (unless it floats). ;)

Vaughn,

I agree about the floating thing. One could just ask the many ice fishermen from around the Cleveland, Ohio area. Several years saw there ice shacks, snowmobiles, even their cars or trucks go floating away when the Lake Erie ice began breaking up. They had to be rescued by emergency personnel. I never heard if any of the vehicles or gear was recovered. Always thought they were nuts for doing that, but to each his own. We would have problems using one of these here too. (too much wet water, not any of the "stiff" stuff {Thumper, from Bambi} Ooooh, nothing like dating one's self)

But, I have to say it's one beautiful job done on making it. It is the ideal man-cave.

Aloha, Tony

Frank,
while I'm sure we all have other passions, wouldn't the nice folks in Fon du Lac wonder about our focus on woodworking? I know my wife does at times. Just the other day she banished my woodworking mags from the reading room. (all but a few). I suppose she had a point, but there were only enough for a 1' tall stack. :huh: :dunno:

Aren't we the sane ones? :bonkers: :rofl:

well i resent sum of this

there has been a few comments that anyone who thinks of ice fishun in the summer has some disorder well folks i am in the same boat i have spent many a hours doing just that in the winter and in the summer..and that man cave is definitely a release from todays world troubles, your watchun the discovery channel in the open studio, the uncut version...and i can tell you that even though his is very nice ,,even a sheet of plastic between two fisherman or two poles to stop the wind is a very valuable possession at times.. those Wisconsin folk aren't foolish they are happy and have seen things alot of those other folk haven't.. jist fer an example,, have you been watchun your favorite tv show and had a muskrat pop up from under the ice and nibble on root with you ..well the first time is like havun the shark from jaws come at you in the first jaws movie.. so i say here here for those Wisconsin folk!!!!!! and i am one of those weird ones frank!!!! and proud of it!