Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Woodworking

Weekend Woodworking

Post your weekend woodworking projects and distractions here!

Mine is not a woodworking weekend unfortunately. REALLY tired of all this machine stuff and ready to make sawdust!! First project is the getting CreachTur out of the shop! I think I have it down to a stopped up carburetor. It soaking right now and HOPEFULLY it will run now.

Attachment 9315 Attachment 9316

Assuming I get that done and while I am waiting on something on the tractor to dry, recharge, break, heal itself, whatever I will probably start on the Rotary Phase Converter. I think I have all the part now except the idler motor and a heater for the overload.

Attachment 9317 Attachment 9318

So whatsup on your weekend? Hopefully some of you are actually doing some wood working. I know I having withdrawals and just tempted to grab a 2x and cut it into smaller pieces!!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Not a woodworking weekend here either....

Septic pump went out...which I really did not need to happen right now. So a bunch of other projects are on hold till I get this fixed. I went ahead and had the septic tanks pumped, since it's been 5 years since the last time it was done.

Decided to redo the pump system from the electrical source, through the piping to a new pump.

This project has triggered a new project...a complete survey/documentation of the electrical system in our house. I have a circuit to put in for a sump pump, some outside circuits, and maybe another 240V socket in the garage/shop.

Geez Greg, that sucks!

Man, that place is becoming a money pit, you should sell it quickly and move back to Japan

Good luck with it all, man, what a job!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

yeah, Greg that does suck. You have a bunch of work done already in each if those photos and the weekend is just starting. Hope you are satisfied with progress when the day is done.
    Just another plus when finished, I hope.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Little wwing except, Went to our new (OLD) houseboat on Tuesday, spent Wednesday building bunk beds in the two "state rooms" (thats wood working in the basic use of the word.... Plywood and 2X4s....

Then went fishing with my club on Saturday (did I mention that I won 1st place) with my son and had a great (hot) time...

Boy, and I thought *I* had a frustrating time! Had to change the planer knives the other day, and got rushed and messed up. Spent two hours futzing with the planer today. Finally got it back to close to good order, just as doorlink had to go sing and I had to quit to to watch James. She's back now, so I'm off to plane some maple. Don't have any more excuses to put off those doors...

Thanks,

Bill

weeknd gone bad

well i was to get my crete in this wknd but mother nature changed the plans, so i am still in the starting gate waiting to be released more oats and hope fer better weather next wknd.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    well i was to get my crete in this wknd but mother nature changed the plans, so i am still in the starting gate waiting to be released more oats and hope fer better weather next wknd.
    Weather..........?

Dang it Larry, you need a shop to work in......................
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

*(snoopydancing going on)
    -Ned

Spent Saturday afternoon scoping out another local art show. Now that we're back home, I'll be working on a few turned things in various stages of being done, as well as a big cutting board I've had in progress for a while. I'll also be putting the final coat of paint on a post that I cobbled together to to use as a center support for a long closet rod in our bedroom. Last Tuesday morning I opened the closet to grab a shirt, and the rod (with about 17 tons of clothes on it) had fallen to the floor. Too much weight, and not enough support. The new center post will handle things. It's wood, but not really woodworking.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com