CMS Stop Block & Extend-o-fence

glenn bradley

This is a little fixture I built back aways. I'm working on some bench leg parts and need multiples and the stop block makes this easy. It's just a piece of MDF, shellacked and waxed, with a T-slot cut to accept my stop block.

When not in use it lives in the lumber rack. It comes out to play about once a month but, when you want it, it sure is handy. Along with the ZCI in the throat position the sub-fence is ZCI as well. This gives me nice clean, repeatable cuts.

Note - The 2x4 is for an example, not part of the fence/stop block dealie.

Attachments

• Stop Block Side.jpg
    Stop Block Side.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Stop Block Rear.jpg
    Stop Block Rear.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 152
Yes. The T-slot is just shy of 3/8 at the neck and about 9/16 at the widest point. The block has a key (reverse dado) that snugly fits the slot and is 1/16" less than the 3/8 slot depth. This way there is enough material to clamp tightly to but enough support for the T-head so it does not crush the shoulders of the T-slot. Kind of a poor pic but you get the idea.

Attachments

• T slot Detail.jpg
    T slot Detail.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi Glenn,
That looks like a really good setup. If I can get the tike I too would like to make one of those for my CMS.
Thanks for all your worthwhile posts, :thumb: as for the not so worthwhile :eek: posts:rofl: (haven't seen any yet).
Shaz

Glenn, really nice setup. What's the pill bottle for?

Ken

There are a few of those hanging around the shop on different machines. They have foam earplugs in them. They serve as spares if I've wandered off to the other side of the shop and left my current pair next to the phone or something.