Painted Kitchen

Everyone seems to want painted kitchens at the moment.

Here's one I finished last week - nothing fancy but it turned out well.

Carcasses, face frames and doors are made from MR MDF with solid oak worktops. Cornice is poplar. It's sprayed with acid-catylist paint.
5c3fb25f.jpg

918a2dd8.jpg

3d938ec7.jpg

84c30e6f.jpg

This took about 2 weeks to make in the shop and a week to fit. Do you pro guys over there do your own installing or do you sub-contract? I've been doing my own but it's losing me money. Every day installing is a day lost in the shop. I also HATE installing kitchens!

Cheers
Duncan

Hi Duncan, :wave:
Hey man, I am with you on that "I hate kitchens" thing, Even though I do think you have done a fine looking job on the one pictured. How did you join up the 90 degree angles in the oak?
Shaz

That is a fine-lookin kitchen there! I would rather spend my days sanding and finishing than fitting. You did well on that one, though. Looks great! I really find that style of kitchen pleasing. It's warm and bright. I guess that's why the painted cabinet has come back in vogue.

I recently finished up a couple of cabinets for my wife and painted them. Man, I hate painted cabinets!! Doesn't matter how many coats I put on I will still find spots that need touching up.

BUT, I must say that is a nice looking kitchen. Just glad I didn't have to paint those cabinets. ;)

Hi Duncan, :wave:
Hey man, I am with you on that "I hate kitchens" thing, Even though I do think you have done a fine looking job on the one pictured. How did you join up the 90 degree angles in the oak?
Shaz

Actually Shaz, on this kitchen there are no joins in the worktops.The client supplied their own stainless steel commercial sink and drainer which runs the whole way under the window connecting the two oak tops I installed.

Normally though, I would connect worktops at 90 degrees with a butt joint, biscuits for alignment, and worktop connector bolts in mushroom slots routed on the underside. I used to use no glue at all but recently have been experimenting with the kind of flexible adhesive used for bonding solid wood flooring to concrete. Works a treat!

Cheers
Duncan