Finished with chests now onto the headboard

Jim Hager

These are the chests that I posted some about last week. I shot em with 2 coats of sanding sealer, rubbed that out with steel wool and 320 paper, and shot em again with gloss precat lacquer, rubbed em out with 0000 steel wool and shot em twice more with precat. Here is the results. I hope my daughter and her husband will like what they are getting. I gotta deliver em to Ft. Worth later on this month.

Now I've gotta decide on what to do for a headboard and get crackin on that, still got to do that and a 50" wide book case to get done before June 20th.:dunno:

I think I might be able to get it done now tho since schools out.

Attachments

• Summer 07 023.jpg
    Summer 07 023.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 89
  • Summer 07 025.jpg
    Summer 07 025.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Summer 07 026.jpg
    Summer 07 026.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Summer 07 027.jpg
    Summer 07 027.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Summer 07 031.jpg
    Summer 07 031.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Summer 07 028.jpg
    Summer 07 028.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Very nice!! Not my style but man you did a nice job on those!! I just chomping at the bit to get all the mechanical stuff done so I can go back to woodworking. Man that just make sit worse!! :)

Bony, those are really, REALLY nice, they are going to be totally thrilled! :clap:

I keep telling you that you should quit this school teacher gig and go full time pro woodworker......................

Oh wait a minute................... you did :thumb:

I think the shock that your kids will get is when they go into a fine furniture shop, or look in a cataloug to see something similar and the price :eek::eek:

Not to mention the fact that your work is better, better built, better materials and "made by dad!" :thumb:

Cheers!

Man, you're not messin' around, Jim. That's a great looking set of furniture. It's like you've done this sort of thing before. :D I'm guessing you'll come up with something comparable for the headboard. ;)