This little piece of walnut started as a hollow form, but the opening warped enough while drying that it ended up bigger than I wanted, so I enlarged it a bit more to fit a potpourri pot lid. It's about 4" wide by 2 1/2" tall.
I finished it with Antique Oil inside and out, and buffed with tripoli and white diamond, then Renaissance Wax. This piece of walnut has some nice figure to it, but in hindsight, I turned it upside down. The bottom has the best grain of the whole piece. (At least the inside looks very nice.)
Attachment 9396 Attachment 9397
As always, your thoughts, comments, and critiques are welcome.