the new milwaukee plunge router is out

I wonder the same - it really is overdue. But - i'm glad that they decided to do it now instead of in 3 months when I probably would have bought a PC plunge :p

Awe man ... that's got to be rough.

As it turns out, I haven't even taken it out of the case yet. The day it came in, i had just enough time to open it up and then put it out into the shop.

Since then, I spent every evening trying to design my entertainment center in time for a BBQ at the lumber yard saturday. I needed to finish the design to know how many BF of cherry i'd need at the special prices we get during this BBQ. Of course, I finished the design and got a total then bought 2x more than that total anyway ... LOL

I'm hoping to get out there tonight and finish my dust collector re-do and then hopefully I'll have a chance to turn the little fella on finally! :p

Sounds to me like you bought the right amount of cherry. Anyway, I'm just whining. Rough is a whole lot worse than waiting for my new router, after my internet pal has had his for days....and days.....and days......

seeya

Ken

Yep - it's this issue that convinced me. I saw it in FWW first, and when the PW did it, I was set.

Update: Nothing new has changed. I still haven't plugged the little guy in. :rofl:

First: Good news!!!

Second: If you review it tomorrow, probably ... It's looking like the weekend before I have a chance to play ... I wanna retire already!!! *more lottery tickets*

It's here!! And sure looks good. Just had time to open the packaging and see what the "soft start" feels like, but the units all seem to ooze quality and precision. More later.

Woo hoo, Ken!!!

The race begins!

Since mine's burried under 67bf of cherry, I suspect i'll be lagging ... my wife wants me to help her build a pinewood derby car this weekend and a friend needs his jointer tuned up ... hopefully my DC situation will be near enough completion that I can get some router time in :D

pics attached.

First off, the box this comes in is big. BIG. But every part has a dedicated spot in which is it nicely held.

The plunge mechanism is well thought out, with really precise adjustment capability.

The collets are great. The collet wrenches are beefy and feel quality. The dust collection piece looks like it might break if not handled with alot of care.

The hand grips on the plunger feel perfect in hand. The smooth start is. That's not a typo.

The motor is "assembled in the USA"

Haven't put it to wood yet, but so far, I am really impressed.

Negatives:
The carrying case looks like it's on steroids.
The base, as beautifully machined as it is, is made in China.

Am I glad I bought it?
u betcha.

More to come once I've made some sawdust.
Ken

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
  • inside box.jpg
    inside box.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9
  • dust and wrench.jpg
    dust and wrench.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
  • plunger.jpg
    plunger.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks for doing my homework for me, Ken!!!

I love that they made use of that micro-adjust bolt on the motor for the depth rod adjustment. That was a nifty bonus when I played with mine.

I was surprised to see clear base plates, too - a welcome addition.

That case is freakin enormous, isn't it? LOL

Thanks for doing my homework for me, Ken!!!

I love that they made use of that micro-adjust bolt on the motor for the depth rod adjustment. That was a nifty bonus when I played with mine.

I was surprised to see clear base plates, too - a welcome addition.

That case is freakin enormous, isn't it? LOL

It's HUUUGGGE!

But I'm right there with you on the micro-adjust. I might even be able to do some [cough cough] accurate work.

Ken