Tractor photos

Jeff Horton

Just posting some photos of Steve and any other tractor lovers we have. She is strictly a user. No plans to restore it but obviously want her kept up.

BTW the name comes from an Andy Griffith show. Remember Earnest T? In the show where they were trying to teach him some manners, at the party the Host called him a Creature. Well Earnest T pronounced it Creach Tur. Every time I drive it it always feels big and kind of powerful. So I named her Creach-tur. Seems to fit too.

Anyway here is the photos of her.

jd-1.jpg jd-2.jpg

And for those not farmiliar with these old JD's. They hit a very hard lick and have a very strong exhaust. Here is the photo of what it did the insulation when it finally fired up. And this was just about 1/4 throttle!

jd-hole.jpg

Last edited:
I never get tired of seeing those old "Deere's". :D

I'm glad you got your troubles figured out and the old girl is running again.

I'd think as fond of old iron as you are (like myself) someday you'll restore the JD. :thumb:

thanks for the pics.:wave:

Steve C, that old Ford looks about like the one we had for a few years when I was growing up. It was the first motorized vehicle I ever drove, back when I was in about the 4th or 5th grade. I still remember my Dad telling me take your foot off the clutch slowly, and that it really means take your foot off the clutch s l o w l y. Had it not been for the blade in the back, I would have flipped it over backwards that first time. :eek: