Potential Hazzard Using Wixey Angle Meter

Brian Pilon

I received my new Wixey today. Went to the shop to try it out, worked great table saw blade plum on 90 degrees I was impressed, put it in the drawer and went out to do chores around the yard. Some time later I came back to the shop to pick up something and that's when I noticed something odd on my table saw blade. I picked it off and immediately noticed it was one of the three little magnets from the Wixey. Checked the Wixey out and sure enough it was missing not one but two of it's magnets. Searched for the other and finally located it on the table of the saw where I had zeroed it.
I shudder to think of where that magnet on the blade would have gone should I have turned on the saw, possible bullet in the making??
Perhaps one should make a point of checking the bottom of the Wixey after each use, I know I will.

Cheers to all

Brian

Knowing the good reputation Wixey has, I'd suspect they'd be very interested in hearing about the problem, so they can ensure it doesn't happen again.

Knowing the good reputation Wixey has, I'd suspect they'd be very interested in hearing about the problem, so they can ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'm with Vaughn. Barry runs a tight ship and would really like to know about this, I'll bet. I'm very glad you noticed prior to power-up. I'm gonna go check mine right now just in case. . . . Mine seem fine; maybe I'll add a drop of super-glue (belt and suspenders and all that).

Last edited: