Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about Tools for Less

Anyone know about Tools for Less

Hi,

Anyone done business with this place?

http://toolsforless.com/product/10361.html

Good price on the router, especially when compared with Amazon.

But................... no phone number to contact them, makes me a bit hesitant

Jay

I've not had any dealings with them, but I agree the price is good. I'm also a bit leery that they don't publish their phone number, but then again I also know other (reputable) businesses who make it hard to find their number on the website, including the one I work for. It really is less expensive to handle customer service via e-mail, or at least it is for our company. In the end, it helps us keep our prices low.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

If I can't talk to someone at a business in question they don't get my business & there are millions of other people out there that do business the same way. The faceless faction doesn't see my green.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Two sides to everything. Once my web site is up it will not have my phone number or my full name. I don't want time wasted on phone calls and/or solicitations or my name involved in spam/scams, or whatever. There will be a business e-mail, not my personal one. If I have questions, I can call the customer. One of my main items will be custom gunstocks. I have been a gun dealer and know, first hand, how long someone can talk about 'grand daddy's old gun'. I don't need that. If my web site isn't complete or self-explanatory, that will be my loss but I hope to do it well. Not wanting to spend wasted hours on the phone doesn't automatically make me dishonest.
    Last edited by Frank Fusco; 06-07-2007 at 10:46 PM.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Thumbs up Yup - They have done well by me.

Hi Jay - I have ordered from them a few times and they have been great every time. Quick ship, fair shipping prices and good product prices - they are one of the places I always check when I'm buying something. They also have some more obscure things that others don't carry - cases, parts, etc. So, for my part...

I've heard others talk about them favorably, but have no first had experience myself. I would imagine they don't publish a telephone number as it would be busy all the time, they would need extra staff to "man the phones" and costs/prices would go up. They appear to prefer to work via internet/e/mail and keep costs down.

Thanks for the information guys

Well, I tried to order but their website said that my address and zip code didn't match!

Sent them an email, will be interesting to see what happens

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Knoll View Post
    Thanks for the information guys

Well, I tried to order but their website said that my address and zip code didn't match!

Sent them an email, will be interesting to see what happens

Jay
    I had that happen once when I ordered from someone, I forget who. I remember that I knew that I listed the correct zip code as it was someone that I had ordered from before and used the auto fill in so I checked the order and their "system" had the wrong zip code sure as the dickens. I removed everything from my cart and started over. It worked the second time.

Allen

Clearing out the shopping cart didn't work, so I reset IE, cleared out everything in the browser and tried again, no luck.

And no reply from them, have to see what tomorrow brings.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Knoll View Post
    Allen

Clearing out the shopping cart didn't work, so I reset IE, cleared out everything in the browser and tried again, no luck.

And no reply from them, have to see what tomorrow brings.

Jay
    Did you clear your cookies?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire