Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, you got $50.........????

OK, you got $50.........????

If you just came into $50 to $100, and you could spend it on a tool, a jig, a...... Woodworking related, what would you buy?

I think I'd buy a Drill Doctor, this latest project I've done a lot of work in steel (again ) and I've dulled some bits, and some of these bits are just about as expensive as a drill doctor!!

So that would be the thing that I'd "Just buy" and be done with it.

unfortunately the cash has not recently dropped into my hands, in fact I've been having trouble hanging on to it of late

Any way, I'd be curious to hear what others would "Just buy" for that kind of money.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    If you just came into $50 to $100, and you could spend it on a tool, a jig, a...... Woodworking related, what would you buy?

I think I'd buy a Drill Doctor, this latest project I've done a lot of work in steel (again ) and I've dulled some bits, and some of these bits are just about as expensive as a drill doctor!!

So that would be the thing that I'd "Just buy" and be done with it.

unfortunately the cash has not recently dropped into my hands, in fact I've been having trouble hanging on to it of late

Any way, I'd be curious to hear what others would "Just buy" for that kind of money.

Cheers!
    I think I'd see if I could bribe the DR into getting this cast off early...
    I find missing the use of my left hand is like missing a drawer full of jigs and tools..

Garry

Idler motor for the RPC.

Other than that......... I need some sanding belts for the edge sander. Band saw blades, some other small expendable supplies for the shop. Nothing big on my list.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

I'm needing a good straight edge.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I'm needing a good straight edge.
    Ditto! Been giving this a lot of thought lately.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

I'd get a big jucy card for my wife.... Let her know how I feel about her, and appreciate her letting me spend $ on tools and spend time in the shop...

OK.....it also might help in the "it's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission" situation, later on....

Funny ... i just DID come into around $100 bucks ... here's what I got (stealth gloat?)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009H59QY/

With the %20 off, it came to just under $75. So now I have $25 to thank the wife with. She always seems to get the short end ...
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    I'd get a big jucy card for my wife....
    I ditto Steve and Greg.

Now that I have a sem-decent shop, most tools that I might be interested in start above $100 and go up. So a nice dinner out for my beloved, or maybe a nice set of earrings... pays big dividends later.

...art

ps: Though I would like a closer look at those jet parallel clamps. And I think I need one or two more DC blast gates. And I need the expansion kit to bring my Kreg Standard kit up to the "Master" kit. And still watching for steep sales on decent castors. ... ... ... ...

Earlier this week, it was about $50 worth of sanding disks from Craft Supplies USA. Then this morning, I bit the hook on the 5/8" round and square versions of these. They're a bit shorter than I'd like, but if I decide I don't want to use the golf club grip, it looks like they'll plug right into my Monster tool indexer (handle). I didn't want the 36" Boss Hogger.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

A nice Jacobs chuck for my lathe. Can't *make* one of those...

Too bad I can't buy 100 bucks worth of *time*!

Thanks,

Bill