OK, you got $50.........????

Stuart Ablett

If you just came into $50 to $100, and you could spend it on a tool, a jig, a...... Woodworking related, what would you buy?

I think I'd buy a Drill Doctor, this latest project I've done a lot of work in steel (again :rolleyes:) and I've dulled some bits, and some of these bits are just about as expensive as a drill doctor!!

So that would be the thing that I'd "Just buy" and be done with it.

unfortunately the cash has not recently dropped into my hands, in fact I've been having trouble hanging on to it of late :rolleyes:

Any way, I'd be curious to hear what others would "Just buy" for that kind of money.

Cheers!

If you just came into $50 to $100, and you could spend it on a tool, a jig, a...... Woodworking related, what would you buy?

I think I'd buy a Drill Doctor, this latest project I've done a lot of work in steel (again :rolleyes:) and I've dulled some bits, and some of these bits are just about as expensive as a drill doctor!!

So that would be the thing that I'd "Just buy" and be done with it.

unfortunately the cash has not recently dropped into my hands, in fact I've been having trouble hanging on to it of late :rolleyes:

Any way, I'd be curious to hear what others would "Just buy" for that kind of money.

Cheers!

I think I'd see if I could bribe the DR into getting this cast off early...
I find missing the use of my left hand is like missing a drawer full of jigs and tools..

Garry

Idler motor for the RPC.

Other than that......... I need some sanding belts for the edge sander. Band saw blades, some other small expendable supplies for the shop. Nothing big on my list.

I'd get a big jucy card for my wife.... Let her know how I feel about her, and appreciate her letting me spend $ on tools and spend time in the shop... :thumb:

OK.....it also might help in the "it's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission" situation, later on.... :doh:

:rofl:

I'd get a big jucy card for my wife....

I ditto Steve and Greg.

Now that I have a sem-decent shop, most tools that I might be interested in start above $100 and go up. So a nice dinner out for my beloved, or maybe a nice set of earrings... pays big dividends later. ;)

...art

ps: Though I would like a closer look at those jet parallel clamps. And I think I need one or two more DC blast gates. And I need the expansion kit to bring my Kreg Standard kit up to the "Master" kit. And still watching for steep sales on decent castors. ... ... ... ... :doh:

Earlier this week, it was about $50 worth of sanding disks from Craft Supplies USA. Then this morning, I bit the hook on the 5/8" round and square versions of these. They're a bit shorter than I'd like, but if I decide I don't want to use the golf club grip, it looks like they'll plug right into my Monster tool indexer (handle). I didn't want the 36" Boss Hogger.

Well... :dunno:
I would either pick up the Board Buddies or the Grip-Tite set for my table saw. I haven't decided which one I want to get. :huh:

DT

I think I'd buy a Drill Doctor.

Cheers!

I'd just buy the cheap guage for sharpening drill bits & learn how to sharpen drill bits on the tool grinder & save the money to buy another tool.

This is one of the first things we had to learn how to do in highschool machine shop.

I'd probably buy another hand plane :doh: or marking knife :) or chisel ;) or bigger try square :D or or or or or or or :eek: man I wish someone would throw me that rope.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
You guys that are saying you would spoil the little lady, fine, dandy, but I'm asking about tools you would buy :D

Trust me, I got nothing against treating the LOML right, I do it all the time, but that was not the question, so fess up, what would be on your short list :wave:

Hmmmm, guess I'd just put it in the Kitty to buy that 2.0 Cable I need to get pwr to the shop, (that would buy about 13' or 14' of the 390' I need, not including the 130' of ground wire).:(

OK Stu...

I'd get the riser kit for my Delta 14" band saw. I figure I better go ahead and get it so I can also start getting some 105" blades for it, rather than buying the standard ones now and having to re-order longer ones later.

Right now I would pick up the 4 piece straight router bit set from Rockler.
--All 1/2in shanks in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, & 3/4in

Right now I have a 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4in. but they are a little old and only 1/4in shanks.

If they were on sale, then I'd add a flush trim bit too, for more pattern routing.