Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt lunchbox planer - SOLD!

Dewalt lunchbox planer - SOLD!

As some of you might have seen, I finally got my lunchbox planer out of 'storage'. With that behemoth of a MiniMax Planer, I no longer have a need for the Dewalt.

I'm putting it up here for sale first, with a reduced price for any 'family member' that might be able to benefit. If there's no interest, the price will be increased and it'll go on Craigslist/eBay.

So, here's what I have. A Dewalt 734 12" planer. It's probably 8-10 years old. It's the older style, with the (preferred) foldable handle on top. It works great, has relatively new knives already installed. And comes with a brand new set of knives.

I'm selling it WITH the cabinet you see in the pictures below. The cabinet was a 'salvage' from a rebuild I did. I added a double 3/4" ply top, and then a set of divided drawers made from 1/2" baltic to the one side of the cabinet.

Price... $250 including knives and cabinet.

Caveat, NO SHIPPING! It's too heavy, and I just don't have the time/desire to build a crate for it. Sorry...You must come here and pick it up...or I can meet someone within 100 miles.

Here are some pictures:

Attachment 9639 . Attachment 9640

Attachment 9641 . Attachment 9642

Attachment 9643

Amazon currently has these things going for $389. so I think $250, with knives and a mobile cabinet, should be fair...

PM if you're interested.

Thanks...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Heck of a deal, Marty!

This is a damb fine planer in it's size group. It's everything you want in a planer ... heavy, loud as heck, and has a healthy appetite.

If you've been lookin for a planer, Marty's givin you one heckfire of a deal - especially since he's already proven that it was assembled correctly!
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Marty,

Thats a great deal , unfortunatly I just got a Delta 13in 2 speed about 2 years ago, and I wouldn't be about to swing a trip to Georga

Question for you, did the dust chute come with it, or was it an extra? It looks very similar to the one that I had to get as an accessory for my Delta.
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

I dunno about marty, but when i bought mine about 2 years ago, it came with the chute.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

sorry Marty, a) I'm too far from you for local pickup, and b) I've got my own 734. HOwever, that is one heckuva nice lunchbox for anyone starting out. I used a friend's 733 awhile back, he kept his as a backup in case his 15" woodmizer was set up in saw mode. John's old delta went south one day on us, and my buddy graciously loaned us his 733 until we could replace it.

Anyone looking to tool up, you'd be crazy not to jump on this deal.
    -Ned

Marty,
    I'll take it,I'm just across the river from Elberton,Ga.I can come down any day this week.Sending PM with more info.
    Dave

Folks...

I don't think this changes much, but Ned's comments about borrowing a DW733 prompted me to look closer at the planer. It turns out that what I have is the DW733, NOT THE DW734.

It appears that the main difference is three knives versus two on the 733, as well as disposable knives on the 734.

Reading the customer reviews in this Amazon listing, it appears that some favor the 733 over the 734...

All in all, I still think it's a good planer...and worth my asking price. If this changes anyone's decision or opinion, I apologize.

Sean,

I'm pretty sure the dust chute came with the planer...but I don't recall for sure... And since I now know that I have the 733, not the 734, that might account for the additional charge you experienced...

- Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Willis View Post
    Marty,
    I'll take it,I'm just across the river from Elberton,Ga.I can come down any day this week.Sending PM with more info.
    Dave
    Dave,

I'm sending you a PM.

But please note my update above. I've determined that the planer I'm selling is a DW733, not DW734 as first listed. My bad...

- Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.

I'm told that the 733 is still one H-E-DoubleHockeyStick of a planer for the money. I think you hit on the only differences. The 733 got incredible reviews in many magazines in it's "day". The 734 is bread from the 733 and it has DANG fine roots
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Marty,
    I'm still interested,and will be calling you this morning.
    Dave