not quite qualifying

larry merlau

but i have a line on this compressor, Quincy Compressor Mod 240-10 ser 169470-L size 4X3 3 hp 3 ph can anyone one tell me the cfm this thing would put out? its got a 80 gallon tank

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks stu

i got ahold of them and got what i needed in info from a real person:thumb: very helpful to i might add:D now i need a 5hp 1750 single phaze motor got one of those in your pocket anyone?

Larry, I think you'll be plenty happy with that compressor. Quincy was my first choice, but since there was no 'local' supplier, I opted for an Industrial IR model.

Question for you...

You said in your first post that it was a 3hp 3ph unit. But then you ask if anyone has a line on a 5hp motor. Did Quincy say to up the motor to 5hp...or are you just looking to upgrade it? I'm just wondering what your larger 5hp motor will do with the pump that was originally designed for 3hp. :huh:

Just wondering...:dunno:
- Marty -

Larry, I think you'll be plenty happy with that compressor. Quincy was my first choice, but since there was no 'local' supplier, I opted for an Industrial IR model.

Question for you...

You said in your first post that it was a 3hp 3ph unit. But then you ask if anyone has a line on a 5hp motor. Did Quincy say to up the motor to 5hp...or are you just looking to upgrade it? I'm just wondering what your larger 5hp motor will do with the pump that was originally designed for 3hp. :huh:

Just wondering...:dunno:
- Marty -

marty i did call quincy and they told me that if uped to a 5 hp and ran the pressor at 700 rpm it would do around 18 to 20cfm:D i could have 3 phaze but the cost for it is considerble higher. its 40 a month just to have it:eek: then the kw price is higher than single phaze as well.. so a years worth of 3 phaze would be higher than the motor change.:eek:

...quincy ...told me that if uped to a 5 hp and ran the pressor at 700 rpm it would do around 18 to 20cfm...

So, if the compressor has a 12" pulley on it, Steve's 3450 rpm motor with a 2½" pulley would run it at 718 rpm. Compressors that big usually have a pretty big pulley on them, so it might just work out.

My eyes r gettun bad

well Mr C, i read your reply and it never sunk in till jim replied:huh: so fer now hang on to it! i may have new home for it, could always rework the mounting bracket. and when it comes time to hook it up jim, i will be asking you what size pulley fer sure! i havnt had any expeirence in figuring rpm speeds from pulleys:dunno: got a good math back ground but dont recall ever seein a problem like that in class..just alot letters mostly and some angle stuff equally another angle + this to get that:D thanks to all for your response,s got to get back to the shop build the boss just arrived:D

Sure hope I don't have to hang on to it tooooo long.
I really need both hands to work here Larry.:rofl:

tell ya what steve you can set it down under one of your benchs and go get a cup of coffee and catch up on the latest forum news and then go look at your next job and roll your eyes and then go back to your cup of coffee. then after you have done all of that you can take break and go get a sandwich:rofl: then when you come back,, hey yesterday was pie day what kind did she have yesterday??? did her daughter get back safly? oh got to get to work theyre holler at me see ya and thanks steve for the offer have to go look at this critter one day this week.. :wave: