Bathroom vanity and linen cabinet

Steve Ash

It has been a while since I have posted any pictures of what I've been working on. I built a set of 20 Ash kitchen cabinets for a customer, but when I installed them the walls were red, the ceiling white and the trim red....YUCK, so I didn't take any pics of that project. Lesson learned take pics before they go to the jobsite. So this is project is for a bathroom remodel I am doing on a '60's house.

The vanity is a 5' double sink made from red Oak, sanded to 220, Zar Spanish Oak stain and Zar polyurethane made up the finish. The linen cabinet is the same but will have adjustable shelves for the top area and 4 drawers in the bottom. Dovetailed oak drawers are finished with no stain.

On the exposed side of the vanity I used a frame and panel construction with the panels being "raised".

Deadline for the vanity is tomorrow afternoon and the doors are in the clamps, but not needed for the plumber to do his hookups. The linen cabinet I will install when I install the window/door casings and baseboard, so there isn't a deadline so to speak for that.

I'll put the finished pictures up when the bathroom is complete cause there are no red walls, etc....

As always Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 100_3460.jpg
    100_3460.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_3461.jpg
    100_3461.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_3462.jpg
    100_3462.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 87
You've been a busy little beaver, and they look great. I know what you mean by color selection, I did a big kitchen out of maple last year. I was soooo proud of it, I thought it looked awesome. They painted the kitchen walls red too. AAARRRGGGHHH. My stars it was different but I guess after I got used to it, still looked pretty good.

which way????

did you do the dovetails? like in the classroom or the other way:rofl: looks good steve, no wonder you havnt ben on here given me crap :rolleyes: maybe after you get dun countin yur money and this fathers day thing is pst you might stop in for the beer i owe you????:thumb: not bad for a carpenter shop:rofl: stick that in the month after june:D

Both cabinets look great, Steve. I like the way the raised panel side sets off the vanity. Like Rennie said, that way you know right off the bat it didn't come from the Borg.

You're pretty good at this woodworking stuff...could probably make a living at it if you wanted. I know the Chippendale Dancer gig keeps the food on the table for you (just like it does for Larry), but you always have the woodworking to fall back on. :p

Larry I did the dovetails like they should be and they fit better then when I gave that demonstration. I figured out what I was doing wrong and corrected it.

About the Chippendale dancing....it pays the bills and the ladies are SO nice....:rofl:

I couldn't dance if you held a gun to my head...I got NO sense of rythym, but I can sing like Toby Keith and Trace Adkins....or so the wife tells me I do:dunno: