Vinyl siding before and after pics...

Steve Ash

We are just about done with this job.....and as a side note every time I take pictures of a vinyl siding job, I get a tremendous amount of picture distortion when posting. I can assure you it is just the pics and not a fault of the siding.

This customer has had this house/farm in the family for 100 years....they figured the house needed a facelift. he is a Intenational Harvester (brand of tractor) fan and wanted the house red. I have never put on red vinyl siding in my 19 years of being in the business, but one thing I learned a long time ago is to give the customer what they want...so RED it is!

I put 1/4" fanfold over the existing old board siding and then started installing the vinyl over the fanfold. Incredibly this old house is still very straigh and for most parts still plumb.

I can not believe how many people have stopped and wanted to tell me what a difference I have made on this old farm house and they LIKE the color red. I still have to install white shutters and he also wanted me to build on a new deck off the kitchen. The deck is about 80% done.

As always...Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 100_2726.jpg
    100_2726.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_2727.jpg
    100_2727.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_3457.jpg
    100_3457.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_3459.jpg
    100_3459.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 68
That's a vast improvement, Steve...even if it is red. Looks real nice to me.

Maybe on the next one you can get the lines straight, without all that wavy stuff going on. :rofl:

Hey, Steve, can you do Vaughn's house in purple? :rofl:

And I have to agree with folks, I do think it looks better than what was there previously. Not sure how well it will age. (as in, will they get tired of it) But then again, we've had red barns dotting the countryside for centuries.

even the grass is greener!

Good eye Bruce, I put the fanfold on the one side of the house before winter got here last November. He asked if I could do that much before it got cold and then do the rest of the house and side it when I got a opening in my schedule.

Red isn't as bad as I thought it would be, I wouldn't want it for myself except on a barn or maybe a garage.

I don't think they make a Purple vinyl Art....:dunno: