So what happened to the CarveWright?

I thought Stu did get some sort of carving machine he was testing for some company? I don't think it was a Carvewright. :huh:

How does the $2K CarveWright compare with a basic $5K Shopbot? Might the ShopBot do more than 2 1/2 times as much? I have wondered since I saw the first CarveWright.

Hi everyone and thank you for all of the warm welcomes!!!

Yes, I am a she. The only space my husband has allocated to me in our garage is the washer and dryer! But that's okay, 'cause I got a warehouse full of brand new ones and a workshop with 4 set up for me to use at any time. Right now I am trying to design a 10" x 59" carved window valance to go over my sink in our kitchen that he has been remodeling, since we got flooded back in 2001 from Tropical Storm Alison. Almost there!!!

I'm not an expert on Shopbot, but the CW is a servo motor, much easier to use and costs a lot less. I haven't seen many comparisons between the two in a while, but the CW can do most everything anyone would want to do now. It is for the hobbyist and not a commercial machine (although, I know they are being used commercially).

The CW has grown and changed alot over the years - now in 4th generation machine called the Version "C" machine. You can import STL (3d graphics) & DXF (2d graphics). We even introduced a rotary jig for carving in the round recently.

Well, I will be back to visit this forum soon. If you go the CarveWright forum, I'm Lynnfrwd on there.

Thanks again for the welcome!