Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a new shop with attached house - Done.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Building a new shop with attached house - Done.

Don't know if this realy belongs here since I not doing the work but that OK it does show construction from the groudn up.

We signed the contract Sept 6th and they said it would be 3-4 weeks since they needed to pull pirmits. I guess the building slow down is helping, maybe that will mean that the rest of the construction may go faster then there estimated 4-5 months. The house is 3000 sq.ft with a 3 car attached garage that will serve as a shop until I can get the funds together to build the seperate shop. it is all on one level. Here is the plot plan.

Attachment 15

Here is the trenching on on 9/26

Attachment 16

And finaly the footings are done on 10/27

Attachment 17Attachment 18Attachment 19
    Last edited by Don Baer; 02-21-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Don, it looks to me like those are the footings for the house and not the shop. Am I correct?

That is correct, the shop will have to wait for more funding since LOML is spending the budget decorating the house. I'll use 2/3 of the 3 car garage for the shop until the funds become available.

Don, where are you building? If I recall correctly you are in AZ and I used to live in Scottsdale until Dec '05. Looks like a nice spread but you might miss the trees. Did they clear cut or is this a planned community?

Hey Joe, what trees, how about Cactus and Mesquite, not gonna be any grass to mow, just desert landscape..

I am southeast of Phoenix, out in Pinal county. The mailing address is Queen Creek, this is a development of custom homes.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 11-01-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Steve Clardy Guest
    I like the title of your post.

Shop/garage with------------------attached house

Looks like an exciting adventure for you and the Misses. Good luck, hope it goes smoothly.

Richard

Looks good Don,
    And sure a lot more builder friendly site then the house I helped build on Black Mountain, where me and my Mexican brother took first picks, then sledge hammer and bar to dig footings in caleche where the backhoe could not go.

Frank Chaffee

Rough Plumbing is in

I stoppped by to check on the progress and all of the underground plumbing is in and the inspector has signed off on it.

Attachment 85

Next they'll fill in the trenches and level the sub slab and then pour the slab. I took a lot more detailed shots in case I need them later but I won't bore you with picture of a bunch on pipes.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

trehches are filled ready to pour the Slab

They're moving along. I expect at the present rate they'll have the framing in by by thanksgiving.

Attachment 183 Attachment 184

They're ready to finish the slab.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward