Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston gathering

Houston gathering

Folks,

My youngest son is in the Navy and is currently attending dental school in Houston, TX. He and his wife live in Pearland TX south of Houston. He's hosting a cookout for me next Sunday and if anyone in the Houston area would like to attend send me a PM or an email so we can get a head count. Warning there will be some folks there from SMC.

I'd sure be happy to see some folks there from FWW too!

Ken

Ken,

I would enjoy meeting up but, sadly I won't be around Houston anytime soon... Got any kids you're going to visit a bit farther east?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    ... Warning there will be some folks there from SMC...
    Forum rumble! Get your chains and knives! (Chainsaws and marking knives, of course.)

Have a great trip south Ken, and enjoy the BBQ.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Forum rumble! Get your chains and knives! (Chainsaws and marking knives, of course.)
    I can see the saw dust flying from here!
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

Steve, Kelly is east of Dallas. Due east about 70 miles from me.
    Have a great get-together, Ken. Houston this time of year is not what I'd call a vacation. In fact, I'm kind of glad we're skipping the Houston Dog shows in the middle of July this year. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Jim.......I hear you....I was stationed in Kingsville and we lived about halfway between Kingsville and Corpus Christi in the little town of Driscoll. Hotter than Hades and the humidity matched the temperature. Unforturnately, my wife works for a local school district and my youngest son is out of school for about a 4 week period of time. We haven't seen him or his wife for about a year and a half and this is the first time our schedules will meet up. Once the kid's school starts back up, he won't get a break for 3 years. So it's now or a long while away.

Chris.....we'll have to see what shakes out. I sure do want to hook up with you!

Ken,

Here's hoping you have a great time!

"Houston this time of year is not what I'd call a vacation."

Actually, I spent three years in houston, and loved it. I was more of a gardener then, and one year at just this season I actually had more than 100 species in bloom on a single day. It's still my all time record!

I even made my first usable furniture there, With a skilsaw and some nails. I didn't even know one could use a drill to drive screws back then... My "shop" was the front porch of a shotgun shack. I was cutting down weedy sumac trees to make a fence to keep the feral dogs out of the garden. When they dried, twisted, and fell apart, I got my first lesson in wood movement! Solved the problem by using bigger nails!

Anyway, have fun. Wish I were there!

Oh, and Vaughn, as for the forum rumble, it's pretty rough and tumble over there. Got my head bitten off bigtime! It's like a scene out of anchorman!

http://www.kcactive.com/aande/images.../anchorman.jpg

Thanks,

Bill

Okay folks.........Here's photographic evidence that the gathering did take place in Pearland Tx just south of Houston at my youngest son's home.

From left to right in the photo:

Robert McGowen, Chris Hartley,Cecil Arnold, Ernie Nyvall, Ken Fitzgerald, Brad Schmid...Not in the photo...Tom Hamilton.....

Attachment 10277
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-01-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to put Cecil in the picture

Ken, you've got six guys and five names (not including Tom Hamilton). Who's the mystery man next to Ernie? And is Ernie in the black shirt or the blue shirt?

[Edited to add...] I see you fixed the missing persons report. Cecil's much better looking in pictures than in print.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I can not tell a lie, it is I in the blue shirt and shorts, grinning like an idiot, standing between Chris and Ernie.