bookcase

Jim Hager

This danged daughter of mine is beginning to get on my nerves. She's gonna have more of my handmade pieces than the wife if she keeps up this pace. They've just bought a house and I'm making a few things for them. Here are a few shots of the bookcase I built today. Tomorrow I've gott make the shelves and shoot the sealer, I've gotta be all done by Thursday evening. I'm headin out for Ft. Worth over the next weekend to deliver. The shelves are made from maple ply, solid maple, poplar, and I even through in a bit of good ole yellar pine for good measure. Of course it will be painted. Don't you just love bondo for fixin those errors like in the fluted molding on the right side. :D

Attachments

• Summer 07 039.jpg
    Summer 07 039.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Summer 07 041.jpg
    Summer 07 041.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Summer 07 042.jpg
    Summer 07 042.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 75
Nice work Jim .
My daughter also has a new house and i have offered to build all kinds of things for her but she always says no.
She says everything i build is too big so just start building big.:dunno: :D

Dang Jim. You do nice work!

Jeff
Who is so looking forward to getting back to complaining about building for the family instead of working on restoring machines, fixing tractors and all the other mechanical stuff I have been stuck doing the past month(s?).

This danged daughter of mine is beginning to get on my nerves. She's gonna have more of my handmade pieces than the wife if she keeps up this pace...
That danged daughter is smart, and knows good work and (I'd assume) great prices when she sees them. :p

Don't you just love bondo for fixin those errors like in the fluted molding on the right side. :D
I discovered Bondo for fixing weathered exterior house trim a few years ago, and I agree -- it's sure handy for painted stuff.

Nice looking book case, Jim. I'll be looking forward to pics of the finished product.