Guhhhh LOoooot

I guess if you're going to learn to hand cut dovetails, then you might as well learn with a nice saw. Congrats. :thumb:

Thanks Guys!

Yeah - i'm slipping down the galoot slide rather quickly it seems ... not that i mind!

It all started when I picked up that dang 75yr old #4 and actually tuned it right. Then i just HAD to have a decent block plane. I also HAD to have those card scrapers. And then i HAD to have a #80. While searching for the #80, i found a #12. Of course that was the porche of the scrapers so i had to have it.

All that BETWEEN the '06 and '07 shows.

The show came ... and I spent HOURS standing there watching Deneb at the Lie-Nielsen booth. He knew he had me hooked, he just had to be patient was all. Sure enough, he had me walking away with a few Shapton stones. The next day was worse. He forced me (forced me, i tell you!) to buy the Low Angle #62 Jack ...

:sigh:

And I told my wife i was done after we bought the lathe. :rofl:

Jason, I was watching that sale wondering when the price would go up. Congrats. I think you're gonna love it. Play with watching the reflection of the workpiece on the blade - it can help you stay perpendicular.

BTW, you might not want to use that nice new router to cut DTs....ever anymore.
All the best,
Ken

IT'S HERE!!! BY JEBUS IT IS HERE!!!

And ... it's dang purdy. Can't see a single flaw. It came very fast, too. I'm impressed.

Ken, the reflection trick is one of my favorites. So is tilting the board in the vice so that the saw travels plumb while cutting out the tails.

That router may cut the dovetails in my shop drawers (Yes, they'll be dovetailed! :D) but I'm seriously considering handcutting them on the entertainment center I'll be building. It's gonna take some practice, but I might as well learn it while I haven't developed too many bad habits yet! :D

Man - we have the annuall BBQ at the lumber yard this weekend ... I think by then I mmay be all gloated out!! NEVER!! :p