Thread: 1 trip down another to go.

1 trip down another to go.

My old 78 F250 & I shook rattled & rolled 185 miles to my Dad's & back I left last Wednesday & came back Sunday with the Craftsman 100 series 10" Table-saw, C-Man Jointer Dad purchased about the same time frame, 10" C-Man RAS from the early 60's & a air compressor + a few boxes of misc. tools & a whole set of dishes. The next trip I will bring the Bellsaw planer & 2 shapers home & ????? what ever else Dad can figure out to shove into my truck.

My old F250 6 cylinder didn't miss a beat. When I got ready to leave & hit the gas peddle twice & then turned the motor over it just turned over & started Dad's eye brows went up & he said not bad. I told him it wasn't like this when I got it.

We are going through the belongings from 2 lives my Dad's & Step moms 50+ years worth of both lives & getting things down to where everything will fit into a 1188 sq. ft. manufactured home.

I'll be going down again on Wednesday.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

It is nice that the tools are going to a good home. Is your shop going to be able to hold it all?

I'm sure it is a bittersweet experience. I had to clean out my mother's house when she went into the nursing home. And later dispose of her belonging we put into storage after she passed away. I can understand some of the emotions you are going through. But, I betcha your dad is happy you will be using his tools.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    It is nice that the tools are going to a good home. Is your shop going to be able to hold it all?

Al I have already stored everything accept a bench grinder & the hand tools in my storage space. I won't be able to use these tool until I get into a bigger shop. Accentually I have doubled all my big tools 2 Table-saws 2 6" jointers 2 RAS both Dads 12" which I already had & now his 10" actually 3 air compressors 2 oil & 1 dry. I have a portable planer but will put the Bellsaw in the shop & put the 2 shapers in storage where I can get to them if I want to.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart