Yesterdays wood haul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve, :wave:
That looks like a "good fellowship" project.:D Maybe time to talk to the lathe guys and see how you can turn that BIG BOY into a HUGH MING VASE! :rofl: Step up Stu, Vaughn, IT'S SHOW TIME!:thumb: :D
Shaz
I hate to see anything that big, with that grain going to the "glue factory".:eek:

Where I am from we typically haul our wood sideways that way the tourists don't feel quite so scraed when you are coming at them with a load of logs.

Just kidding of course. Hope you put that big log to good use. Just for my curiosity, what kind o sawmill are you going to throw that bad boy on? A bandsaw, circular mill or one of those rare wills with an over and under circular sawblade?

That looks like a "good fellowship" project.:D Maybe time to talk to the lathe guys and see how you can turn that BIG BOY into a HUGH MING VASE! :rofl: Step up Stu, Vaughn, IT'S SHOW TIME!:thumb: :D
Shaz
I hate to see anything that big, with that grain going to the "glue factory".:eek:
Sounds like it's already hollowed out for us. The hard part's already been done. ;)

I do think the 65 ton truck was a bit of overkill. Tha wood can't weigh more than a couple or three tons. :D

Shaz

Anyone have an old desiel engine along with some scrap steel sitting around? I'm sure Stu and his trusty welder can fabricate up a monster lathe for you ! :thumb: :rofl:

eh buddy on the squattin

but i cant imagine having that come down the road at me,,up here you woulda had tickets galore steve:eek: i didnt know that truck ran it was just restin in the back lot when i saw it last.. now you need to get john over ther to cut it up for ya:thumb:

She squatted about an inch or so after the back log was put on.
This old truck has some springs on it.:D

yup......some of those newer model trucks could work;) .....i guess things went south when they stopped making body panels that wouldn`t dent if you kicked `em....mid to late 60`s.....does your tractor have live hydraulics? that`s the ticket for a good splitter.

Found a monster lathe that Stu could probably whip right up.

View attachment 9941

Yeah sure, no problem, a monster lathe, darn easy! :D

Seriously, just the axle off an old truck, or tractor (a two speed axle is the way to go, if you can get it) and some spare trail rail, some other chunks of iron, and one BIG live center and I'd git-r-dun for sure :thumb:

I'd have to break out the stick welder though, a bit too much for the Mighty MIG :D

I just looked at that RAM splitter, I'd whip one of them up for you in no time as well :D

Dang it, I think I live in the wrong area, I need to move to the country! :headbang: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.