prefernce's on anchoring treated plate's

larry, if you don`t own a hammerdrill borrow steves! i like the redhead drop-in type anchors `cause you can remove the bolts if you screw up....plus they`re strong as can be.

Larry you can use a rotohammer to drill the hole say 7/8" diameter and then use a 3/4" threaded rod and use epoxy. Home Depot sells the epoxy in tubes and it reacts when it mixes together through a spiral nozzle. Makes a very strong bolt.

Doug

hey doug how long for the epoxy to set up? and tod i have used redheads along time ago,,, forgot about those.. will tapcons handle the new treatments in treated lumber steve??? used tapcons the most recent.. before the new age treatments. and i anit using cut nail steve:eek: those days are over in my book at least on the plates.. blocks yeah no problem. have hammerdrill so am set in that department and could ramset them with oneof those remingtons but didnt know if the coating ws good enough on the pins....

larry, the new lumber treatment looses is caustic effects as the lumber drys out.....if you use redheads and hot dipped bolts you should be good...or a lead drive in will work too......