Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello - remember me??

Hello - remember me??

Hello all - sorry I have not been around for quite a while. Family stuff mainly but also an explosive business growth that has pretty much taken up every waking minute for the last 4-5 months. I have been popping in from time to time but no time to contribute or post.

Anyway, the above conditions continue to apply but I thought I would squeeze a few minutes now and then to share the vagaries of yet another shop move.

At the moment I am in about 1100 sq ft of industrial shed and this years growth of business has seen me bursting its seams and suffering gross inefficiency as a result. So when a neighbouring 2000 ish sq ft unit came up I thought I would have to take the chance and have therefore agreed terms with my landlord (just about) on a new lease on the bigger property. At the moment they are doing some tidying and repainting after the mess left by the previous tenant but some photos below show what 2000 sq ft looks like with nothing in it!! More will follow to show how to fill 2000 sq ft with loads of stuff that makes it look crowded!

(Sorry - Pics will have to follow later - workshop PC is absolute bare bones and has no pic editing available to resize - ho hum!!)

hey ian! glad to hear you`re okay....
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Nice to hear your British accent again Ian! Glad to hear that business going well too!

Ian

Thanks for checking in, and congrats on the business success

Jay

Well, I guess this means I will have to find an excuse to talk my boss into sending me to England again so I can some see your new diggs.

Larry

Hi Ian,

Just as was thinking I was the only Brit on here you've been lurking all the time!

Glad to hear business is good and wish you well with the move. I moved shop 2 years ago in the space of a weekend and still have the aches and pains to prove it!

Look forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers
    Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Cheslett View Post
    Hi Ian,

Just as was thinking I was the only Brit on here you've been lurking all the time!

Glad to hear business is good and wish you well with the move. I moved shop 2 years ago in the space of a weekend and still have the aches and pains to prove it!

Look forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers
    Duncan

Hi Duncan - I saw your ship pics and waned to make sure that you didn't get too lonely! This is the third time I have moved shop in 6 years. One of the reasons for taking this unit is because it is about 100 yards from the existing one and I have a great landlord who has agreed to give me some handover time. Should make life easier. I have moved from 400 (extended to 700) to 1100 to 1100 (cowshed to proper industrial unit) and now to 2000. I am starting to get to know my way around. Part of the reason for this move is that I kind of plan to take somebody on next year and I need the space but it also means that I need to get things like electrics done "properly" so that H&S don't get excitable. That means more money going out but probably less time commitment in exchange.

Larrry - Your very welcome anytime - can't make it over sometime in the next 4 weeks so you can help with the move????

Good to see you drop in, Ian. Of all the problems one could encounter, explosive growth and booming business are pretty good ones to have. Looking forward to the pics when you get a chance.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

OK - Here are the pics

Here are the pictures so far - nothing much to see - concrete floor - brick wall - steel frame - profiled steel cladding.

Roof line is 11' 6" at eaves 15' at the ridge. 12' wide roller shutter door
    Attachment 9928
    Attachment 9929
    Attachment 9930
    Attachment 9931

The one thing that this definitely isn't is a studio (Marty's shop is looking nicer than my house!!)

ian, that`s a shop i`d be proud to make a mess in......and ask anybody who`s been to my shop....i can make a mess .....i wish you the best of luck and good fortune in the new digs! tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]