bookcase complete

Jim Hager

Here is the little darlings bookcase. I've been working for her since my last days at school. They are coming in Friday for her class reunion and we're goin on a road trip to deliver all her stuff.

I shot the white on it this morning in spite of the high humidity. I got some blushing on the first two finish coats but cleared it up with some clear precat topcoat mixed with the white lacquer. I think I put on five coats after the sanding sealer. I don't like the white lacquer myself. I guess I need to try some of the white latex enamel or something but I can't imagine it having as good a surface.

Attachments

• Summer 07 043.jpg
    Summer 07 043.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Summer 07 044.jpg
    Summer 07 044.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Summer 07 045.jpg
    Summer 07 045.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 47
Geez Bony, that is nice, will look grand in her house for a very long time! :thumb:

I hope you put your John Hancock on it somewhere!

I seriously think you should do this full time........... ;) :D :rofl:

So after these special commission things are out the door, you going to be one busy guy with your RP door factory going full time I bet.

Have a good road trip, taking the time waster?

Cheers! :wave:

Geez Bony, that is nice, will look grand in her house for a very long time! :thumb:

I hope you put your John Hancock on it somewhere!

I seriously think you should do this full time........... ;) :D :rofl:

So after these special commission things are out the door, you going to be one busy guy with your RP door factory going full time I bet.

Have a good road trip, taking the time waster?

Cheers! :wave:

I've got an order or two of rp doors but I really hope to do much more than just the rp doors. I would love to do lots of custom pieces like these I've been doing lately as well as kitchens, bath cabs etc. I've just been doing the rp door thing mostly to make ends meet and as the other custom stuff grows I may begin limiting my customers a bit for rp door work.

No timewaster travel this time, just the cargo trailer.