Rude Awakening

Bob Spare

Got a call 2 AM (Hate that)

Diane (daughter) called, she was sleeping and a car hit the side of her appartment. Said it sounded like thunder. She ran outside to look and here is a car with the motor running full tilt.

The car door was locked, windows closed and a guy sitting in there head rolling all over half dazed.

The police broke the window to get him out.
He was not drunk, think he had a seizure.

The fire department said that they (3 kids and her) could not stay there. They came here 3 AM and sleeping on air mattirises.

Diane went this morning and it looks bad. 12 more inches to the left and the car would have been in her bed.

This is a cement building, there is a 12 inch (?) gap from the ground jagged up to the ceiling and part of the ceiling.

Her bedroom is about 50 feet from the road, so he had to be doing at least 75 miles PHr to cause that much damaged.

The apartment people will have to put her up in another complex.

My thoughts are they will have to take the wall down and re-build it ground up. Have not seen it, so it just a guess.

Buildings can be rebuilt, cars can be fixed, I'm just happy to hear that your family is in one piece! :thumb:

Ditto! Glad the family is fine. But it's a bummer to have to uproot the family like it going to have to happen.

I had a similar occurrence years ago in California--came home from work to find a car about 6 feet into my living room. Guy on psychotrophic drugs was running from the cops and had come around a corner, hit gravel and lost control; he came through the corner of the fence, across the deck, across the patio, and hit the vertical support beam square on. Found glass 30' away by the front door, destroyed the fireplace, utility room (washer and dryer), carpet, draperies, stereo system, broke the gas line, scared the @#$% out of my dogs, destroyed all my son's toys (tricycle, Wonder Horse, etc.) that were on the patio. Took the FD five hours to get the car out. If I had gotten off work on time and gotten home at my regular time, the car would have killed my son, because he would have been on the patio playing. My son was about 3-1/2 when that happened, and he still vividly remembers the carnage.

Went over this morning to check on how bad it was.
It moved her bed 4". You'all are right that they were super lucky.

Even got to meet the man who did it. (by chance)
He has 4 little ones (1-in stroller)

Said he dont remember nothing. He did have seizure.
His foot was planted on the gas full throttle. The air bag
didnt go off, for the amount of damage (car totaled)
it didnt set the air bag off??????????????

Said he was in a car accident 4 years ago and had head injury and had seizures than. Hadnt had them for 3 years now.

Feel sorry for them...........his wife walking around like a zombie (cant blame her)

They are going to put up our family in a hotel until the repairs are made. It could take a couple of weeks.

Hi Bob; It sounds like everyone is safe and sound. That is the most important. It would seem to me the driver should have his licence revoked for medical reasons. I'm reasonably sure that would happen in Ontario.

Now tell me why you post under one name here and another name on a Canadian forum, as if it's any of my business? Just curious.

All the best

Hi Bob; It sounds like everyone is safe and sound. That is the most important. It would seem to me the driver should have his licence revoked for medical reasons. I'm reasonably sure that would happen in Ontario.

Now tell me why you post under one name here and another name on a Canadian forum, as if it's any of my business? Just curious.

All the best

Would think that they will pull his licence for sure now.

In answer to your question about different names,
at the time thought it was a good idea, But
would have to re-register and that would be a not work, as it would be the same mail address.

If there is a way to correct it let me know.:thumb:

Wow, glad to see the only damage was to property, and not to people. I'll be real surprised if the driver is allowed to keep his license. Gotta feel for him and his family too, though.

On the name thing, I just sent you a PM, Bob. ;)