Dewalt Cordless tools for sale

Marty Walsh

Those of you that have seen my "Birth of a Shop" thread know that I've converted (and am still in the process of converting) to all pneumatic tools since I now have a compressor large enough to power anything I care to.

Well, I find that I have a pile of cordless tools I won't be using any more, so it's time to offer them for sale here...before they go on eBay and/or Craigslist.

Unlike the Dewalt planer I recently sold on here (Thanks again Dave), these items are small enough to ship without too much hassle or expense.

I purchased these tools as a kit, the DC5PAKA, I think it was about 5-6 years ago, but I'm not sure. The kit is still currently available. In fact, Amazon lists it here for $577.98.

My "asking" price is $300. I'm even throwing in a new two pack of blades for the circular saw! :rolleyes:

I just priced this set out on eBay to make sure I was being fair. Using any BuyitNow prices, plus high bids on current auctions, it appears that this kit can be had for about $350-$400 to a good bidder.

Here's what's in the kit:

DW988 1/2" Hammer Drill
DW385 Sawzall
DW933 Jigsaw
DW939 6 1/2" Circular Saw
DW919 Flexible neck Light
DW9116 Charger

Here's a few pictures of what I have:

DSCN6608.jpg . DSCN6612.jpg . DSCN6611.jpg . DSCN6613.jpg . DSCN6614.jpg . DSCN6610.jpg

The kit originally came with two batteries, but I've long since wore them both out. In fact, I've use these tools during the building of my shop, and I have a pile of dead batteries to show for it. That first pictures shows the five dead batteries.

The one battery that's in the picture towards the front still works, but I have no idea how much life is left in it.

I've been told that the batteries died a quick death because of the extreme heat I was using the tools in, and the frequent repeated charging.

I really like the tools, I just don't have a need for them, and have no intention of buying any more batteries for tools EVER!:D

I can ship this, buyer to pay shipping. Or someone local can stop by and get it.

PM me with any/all offers.

Thanks for your interest...
- Marty -

Hmmm, no interest...:huh:

Is it the tools themselves?

Is it the price?

Is it potential shipping since I'm so far from just about everybody?

Just wonderin'...
- Marty -

Marty,

As much as I like "Yellow Tools", I have most of them in your kit. The ones that I don't have I can't really justifiy buying right now. :(

I have the following:
DW988 1/2" Hammer Drill
DW939 6 1/2" Circular Saw
DW919 Flexible neck Light
DW9116 Charger

All good tools. :thumb:

I have most of them, also. Why don't you sell the tools individually? That way, someone who only needs one of the tools will likely pop up. Most people who already have DeWalt portable tools have a charger and batteries and might be interested in just one tool. I don't need to spend any more money but have always thought about buying another drill for jobs that require two different holes (or hole and screw).

Unless you need everything, it's kind of expensive to buy the bunch.

Mike

Last edited:
That's the problem with kits, you get stuff that will never be used. And the dead batteries are a killer. They can be rebuilt or replaced but that would put the purchase price right up there near new.

I have to agree on the batteries being the problem. Even rebuilding a couple would drive the price up over $400 by the time all the shipping gets figured in. The numbers I always hear thrown around for used equipment is 1/2 to 2/3 of new, but I think you need to figure the battery issue into that.

I agree with Mike, split everything up and sell it individually and you will do better. Especially if you list them on Ebay. You'd probably even be successful selling the dead batteries on there to someone who will rebuild them.

Well, the concensus is that we're keeping these tools. It just doesn't make sense to discount them to the point where folks would be interested in buying them...not with what I have tied up in them. :dunno:

Turns out Amazon has batteries on sale for less than $120 for a pair. So Denise and I decided I'll get a pair of batteries, and the tools will become HERS for use around the house/garage/etc. She might even let me borrow them...if I'm good...:rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for their input. Maybe there'll be more interest in the next things I put up for sale...as I clear out the new shop...:rolleyes:

- Marty -