doors doors and more doors

just finished hanging a window wall for a restaurant. 7-9'0'' X 3' 0" store front glass doors. Six of them are connected and fold back together for outside patio seating when the weather is nice. One is individually hung for out door access when the others are not folded back. It is a Hafele system but Nana wall is similar. Interesting challenge for a wood worker, no hill for someone anal.
Decipher directions, execute,..... fortunately the hardware and I think the insstsructions came from Australia so I had a fighting chance!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Other than the mm conversion:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :rofl:
Shaz

Where>
page down
Are
page down
The Pictures? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl ( THE HECKLER ):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jay

Sounds like fun, but no pics?

Come on Shaz, you know the rules :D :wave: ( THE BOUNCER) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well......................... ( THE MANAGEMENT ):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
WE ARE PLAYING TO A TOUGH CROWD!!!!:eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Okay, Okay, I just never thought anyone would care about seeing a bunch of doors hanging up on a track. SInce I have to go to Sugarland anyway I will go to Mi Luna's and snap a pic or two. The "no photo--- didn't happen" is a good motto for our family.
I'll be back, Lord willin.
Shaz, "da doe man" :eek: "The Door Man" for those who are not hooked on phonics.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D

Hey Shaz,

Two challenges metric to imperial conversions (easy) and finding "nice" weather in Houston (much harder).:rolleyes: :rofl: :rolleyes: :rofl: Hi Jesse! :wave: Fortunately for me I was given a Metric stick rule like the Lufkin X46 red end ( 6') which I use all the time and a conversion chart to start so they both helped a bit. S.

In any case, I'll bet you do them proud!:thumb: Thank you sir for the vote of confidence.:wave: S.

BTW, I went to school in Houston, thirty years ago, still can't get the mildew off the books.:doh:
That was about the advent of central air, boy Jesse you really just missed it, it is great here now...:eek: beautiful fall and spring ,70 degrees most Christmas, but like you mention, from about May 30 to October 15 it is not the best place to do asphalt shingles, concrete or outside in the sun stuff.
And there is still that mildew:eek: :eek: :D :rofl: :rofl:
Shaz

Well, due to the resounding and coordinated address by the photo police :rofl: I found it necessary to comply, Actually it was nice to hear that you were interested (you photo police):D :rofl: :rofl: Just mess'in with you, I like the idea of pictures too.:thumb:
Doors Mi Luna.jpgDoors Mi Luna (1).jpgDoors Mi Luna (2).jpg

These show the doors closed from the outside, 6 fold together and 1 is an individual free swing, partially closed from the inside and then partially closed from the outside.. I didn't open them all the way but they will do that. I was doing my best to protect the outside from inside air conditioning.:D
Shaz
That is about a 21' 6" opening to the outside which naturally receives a jamb left and right.

Last edited:
Shaz

Thanks, that is a great looking job! Interesting setup, don't know if it would fly in FL, where are the screens!

As my wife says, we have a bug of the day club down here.

Jay

That's quite a bank of doors you have there! What king of hardware do you use to hang something like that?
Hi Ed, :wave: It is a relatively nice system with the tracks, hardware, locks, instructions:D , and weatherstriping About $3500.00 bucks. Solid Brass and very smooth. All hinges are 3 15/16" solid brass hinges. The first door has 5 hinges, two to set the door near the jamb on one side and 3 on the other side to connect to the other door. THe second, third, forth, and fifth all have 6 hinges and the sixth has 5. The seventh has 2 to secure it near the jamb.
Doors Mi Luna (3).jpgDoors Mi Luna (4).jpgDoors Mi Luna (5).jpgDoors Mi Luna (6).jpgDoors Mi Luna (9).jpgDoors Mi Luna (10).jpgDoors Mi Luna (11).jpg Shaz

Shaz

Thanks, that is a great looking job! Thanks Jay ! Hi :wave: Interesting setup, don't know if it would fly in FL, where are the screens! Due to the amount of concrete and the fact that it is commercial they do serious bug control for the flies and mosquitoes. As my wife says, we have a bug of the day club down here. It is more difficult for the residences but I am finding more of my clients have an automated intermittent bug spray emmitted constantly around the yards. Shaz

Jay
I believe that trying to understand the instructions is the biggest obstacle.
The conversion, like Jesse said was easy ( time consuming for the metric illiterate) but the number of small differences made for a more cautious approach. Some hinges 20 mm from the bottom and top, others 40 mm from the top and bottom, and the end hanger with a 35mm rounded edge rather than the square shoulder of the others. Several of the middle hinges had handles on them to aid in opening and closing but only three.
All in all it was a fun experience. :D
Shaz

cool doors shaz! i can relate to the head scratchin` involved trying to get your brain around the instructions..i`ve built a few sets of commercial wood framed doors that required panic hardware:eek: .....nice job!

cool doors shaz! i can relate to the head scratchin` involved trying to get your brain around the instructions..i`ve built a few sets of commercial wood framed doors that required panic hardware:eek: .....nice job!

Hey Tod,I was thinking that you had probably built and installed doors much the same as these. I was just doing the install, so the pride in the building was in some one else's pocket. Never the less we do do what we need to to get bye in this life.( that was a funny sentence with the do do and the to to ). My Smilies are not working so I will not interject a few ha ha s and hee hee s.Panic hardware? I guess it was to code? I left before that issue was addressed.

Last edited: