Weekend plans

Jeff Horton

Lets try something different. Post your Goals for the weekend.

Then starting Monday post what you actually got done.

• I will start. Mine is simple. I want to balance the RPC now that I have it up and running. I don't think I have enough caps but I can start.
  • I want to pull Creach-Tur back in the shop and replace the belts and rewire some damaged wiring. Pull new wires to the lights.

That is about as ambitious as I am going to get. I am so tired after this week and the heat isn't helping a bit.

gettun the rest of the walls up in the new shop!!! got another 66 ft of wall to go, interior walls...and if i get time then will put on some osb to make it stand alone..:thumb: :rolleyes:

I have to work part of Sunday :( so I don't know what I'll get done.

I hope to get the DC figured out for the Phoenix, maybe even some cardboard prototyping done. I'd like to build the top wheel cover, just to get that done, as of late, there has been very little noticeable progress on the saw.

Shall see how it goes......

Nothing! :rofl:

We're going out of town tonight for the weekend to visit the father-in-law.

But I really need to get back to working on the dresser I'm building for my son. Nothing like a pinched nerve in the back to wipe out almost 2 months of woodworking hobby time...

I'll be finishing up the chair rails installation, paint touchup, flooring and baseboard to complete the laundry room. I also will be getting paint for the ceiling of the entire house...lots to do so we need to get started on it.

Flying to Houston in the morning to vist some folks from "that other ww website" and maybe visit with my youngest son and spouse while we're there.:D

Building a art easel for the wifes birthday. I was on wensday. I spent most of today looking around the shop to find some wood to make it. Found some butternut and red oak. Hope it turns out good.

Maybe, just maybe, I can finish the bathroom cabinet that has been in my shop (untouched) for about 6 weeks. I really have been meaning to get out and finish that......

I need to build a crate to ship a big cutting board to North Carolina, but other than that, I just figure I'll be making round stuff. I may also play around some with a few display shelf ideas I've been kicking around.

As long as everyone shows up for work and I don't have to spend all day either day at the restaurant, I plan to finish up the brick molding around the garage doors, and hopefully, get down to Richmond to pick up the Unisaw I purchased off Craigslist about three weeks ago. It's been a booger trying to get it back up here...it has an extension table with cabinet under it, all on a mobile base...just don't have a vehicle to move it. Been tough coordinating the move with friends who have the means, but not the time, etc. We'll get her done...one way or another...and hopefully by Monday :D

Frank

New fuel filter for the flatbed, unload lots of hardibacker, work on kitchen cabinet doors. I was going to buy mahogany for interior doors yesterday, but I got to the yard and the 6/4 was 14' long (truck only a bit over 6'). Got to remember to bring a saw next time.

Finish a small bevel sled for the TS.
Mow the lawn.
Inspect the sprinklers.
Take down a cheap-o metal arbor that the previous owner left behind (almost two years ago).
Use part of the arbor and some tarp to build a shade area in LOML's dog run for her faithful companion.
Sneak in some time to work on LOML's latest gift.

We'll see how I did come Monday.

Not much. Wife has been gone for almost a week and I have been very lazy. Did some yard work, started a repair on the lawn tractor. Just started a new pen with mango wood. Will probably take another shot at the duplicator and might get back to a hf vase on the lathe. Our road is being paved but right now it is just coated with really messy, black wet oil. I parked my (white) truck a half mile away up the hill and have been using my ATV to shuttle back and forth. Tomorrow church, later in day wife and daughter return with tons of luggage. I'll pull my little garden trailer behind the ATV and shuttle them back to the house. Should take about six trips. This afternoon, I'm going to the nursing home and visit Len Dillon. You might remember me mentioning previously. One of the country's greatest master wood carvers. Suffered a serious stroke a couple months ago. Very sad to see him like this. His mind is good and he appreciates visitors.

As long as everyone shows up for work and I don't have to spend all day either day at the restaurant, I plan to finish up the brick moulding around the garage doors, and hopefully, get down to Richmond to pick up the Unisaw I purchased off Craigslist about three weeks ago. It's been a booger trying to get it back up here...it has an extension table with cabinet under it, all on a mobile base...just don't have a vehicle to move it. Been tough coordinating the move with friends who have the means, but not the time, etc. We'll get her done...one way or another...and hopefully by Monday :D

Frank

Ok, so everyone showed up for work, but it seems that I only scheduled one qualified cashier, so I spent the better part of the day at the cafe training a new cashier....but...I did get down to Richmond and partially dissembled the Unisaw so that I can get it home easier. I removed the fence and top and wing and brought them home. I dismounted the motor and placed it in the bottom of the cabinet so I don't have to worry (probably needlessly) about possibly cracking the mounting bracket during transport. Hopefully, I will get it home tomorrow evening...and maybe even get the brick moulding finished.:D

Frank

I did it!!

Maybe, just maybe, I can finish the bathroom cabinet that has been in my shop (untouched) for about 6 weeks. I really have been meaning to get out and finish that......
I actually got the better part of an afternoon in the shop today (tomorrow's a loss - company coming over to BBQ and swim in the pool 0 and the LOML dislikes it when I abandon the guests and hide in the shop):(

None-the-less I have moved ahead on the cabinet - see the post - complete with pics!:wave:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?p=46080#poststop

Last edited:
Weekend Plans

Assemble and glue 20 feet of wall benches for my shop. Composed of 4x4 legs and 2x6 stretchers joined by 36 sliding dovetails. All douglas fir.

When that is done, have to start cutting the shelves below and construct about 26 drawers for same. The top is cut and will be attached later.

Gary Curtis

Well my plans were to build a rolling plywood rack and I did manage to get started by running a few 2x4's across the jointer to clean them up. On the third board, the green sawdust eater I'm using until I get the Pennstate Cyclone set up, blew the filter off and exploded the sawdust and chips from one end of the shop to the other. :eek:
Imagine happily running a board across the jointer, watching a piece of rough wood become smooth when all of a sudden you can't see the machine for the million pounds of sawdust in the air. And it's getting worse! I guess my brain still works. I remember very clearly thinking, "Get the board and hands away from the blades, hit the off button and then look." :thumb:
I managed to get the tools shut down and get out of there but it took two days for the dust to settle before I could go back in there and set the air filters to clear the air.
Since I was down for the moment anyway, I had my grass cutting lad come by and clean up the mess and put that dust collector "wanna be" back together.
While we were at it, I got him to help me finish cleaning up the garage. I've been slowly taking things from the garage to the shop and sorting and trashing stuff I don't want to keep. Since the building of the shop, it has been a real mess out there. With just a little bit more work tomorrow, I'll be able to actually walk through it without breaking a leg. :rofl:

DT

OK, so I cheated

Since Friday just means two more working days until Monday, I didn't get everything done on the "weekend". I did get the saw home in pieces and am now cleaning surface rust off the table and wing extension prior to putting it back together. I spent this morning completing the moulding around the garage door, since today is my day off (if there is a such thing in the restaurant industry), although I'll be doing the book keeping chores this evening.

Funny thing. The guy who helped me get the saw home tells me that he has a couple of woodworking tools in his garage that is just taking up space. A table saw, a RAS, and a joiner. I don't know anymore than that, but I told him I'm just putting together the shop and am very interested in finding out what he has.

Laters,

Frank