John Hart

Welcome aboard, John. Glad to see you're here, and hope you can fill us in on what all you've been up to with the new place.

Well now Mr. Hart...how in the world did you find this place?;) So glad to see ya made it John...can't wait to see the progress on the Hart Homestead. Is there anything in the barn yet?

Well...Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. Thought I'd just lurk for a couple years before speaking up....but I guess I just can't keep my mouth shut!!:p

Seems like a nice place you got going here. Your rules seem right on, and it appears that you take great consideration into your decisions. Looks like a winner.

The new house is coming along very well, although kinda slow. I used up all my vacation time digging a trench so all I have is evenings and weekends....and as many of you know, I'm doing all the work myself. But hey...I don't mind spending the rest of my life on this project. I'll start a thread and give a progress report.

Hey Rennie...Where in SW Idaho? I graduated from Mountain Home high school decades ago. Just curious.

Thanks again for the nice welcome....and thanks to Glenn for pointing my nose in this direction.:)

The new house is coming along very well, although kinda slow. I used up all my vacation time digging a trench so all I have is evenings and weekends....and as many of you know, I'm doing all the work myself. But hey...I don't mind spending the rest of my life on this project. I'll start a thread and give a progress report.
Great John, that type of thread is very popular here. We even have a seperate forum set up for construction projects like your's. I look forward to hearting about it (and seeing pictures of it, of course).

Sheesh! Horses. I took this picture this morning out the back door. Is this close enough?
horse.jpg

We gots no horses.

But the neigh neighbors have 12. 10 retired racehorses and 2 Clydesdales. They've offered to allow us to ride them anytime and let the girls learn how to take care of them. Our barn is going to be a craftshop downstairs and rec room upstairs. No room for horsies. The pasture will be crowded with fruit trees....No room for horsies. Oooops! I accidentally tore down the fencing....No fences for horsies.

Perhaps with all the time I save NOT shoveling horse poop...I can devote to some serious turning!:D :thumb: