Thread: attacked by a dragon

attacked by a dragon

Well, not much of a dragon. This little guy got caught in my garden trailer and couldn't get out. I kept him captured only long enough for a picture then sent him back to his insect hunting.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

This year we've got lots of lizards around our house. I find 'em in the shop, and all over the yard. Last weekend LOML saw a 14" to 16" long alligator lizard in the back yard. Most of them are about half that size, but the occasional "grandaddy" shows up from time to time.

Snakes creep me out, but I can stand lizards. Go figure.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    This year we've got lots of lizards around our house. I find 'em in the shop, and all over the yard. Last weekend LOML saw a 14" to 16" long alligator lizard in the back yard. Most of them are about half that size, but the occasional "grandaddy" shows up from time to time.

Snakes creep me out, but I can stand lizards. Go figure.
    Vaughan, I used to love hunting alligator lizards when I was a kid in SoCal. I'd sell them to the pet shop for 15 cents or just turn them loose again. I don't know if you ever got bit by one those suckers but the big ones will get your attention.
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    They are all over my yard and they get into the house and shop at times. I can't move anything in the yard without two or three of them flying out of their hiding places.
    If one of my friends aims to harm one of them I bop them a good one. Leave those little bug eatin' critters alone and let them go about their business. I live in Florida and haven't had a bug problem for the six years I've owned this place.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by Don Taylor View Post
    They are all over my yard and they get into the house and shop at times. I can't move anything in the yard without two or three of them flying out of their hiding places.
    If one of my friends aims to harm one of them I bop them a good one. Leave those little bug eatin' critters alone and let them go about their business. I live in Florida and haven't had a bug problem for the six years I've owned this place.

DT
    Hey Don, Get in touch with Jay Knoll. It sounds like he could really use some bug eating critters at his house!
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how