Table Saw Set-Up Guage

Alex Reid

Here is a set-up guage I made for my table saw, router table and anything else that falls in its path. I used a plan from Shop Notes. If anyone wants the PDF file for making it e-mail me.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 85
That is very cool. Way prettier than mine.

Mine looks just like that, too, except that I put a plastic (nylon, actually) 'cap' on the bottom of the slide. It's about ¾" in diameter. Makes taking reading a bit easier.

Not particularly pretty, but it's accurate and functional. Actually got the calipers on sale for $2.99. Wood was scrap Baltic Birch ply. Made for a very cheap tool.

Thanks for the comments guys. It is something small but practical.

Cool Idea:thumb:

Where did you get the hardware for it? It looks like some brass parts. Also is that Maple or something else?

Sean, I used brass plating on the bottom and side against the ruler. I wanted to use a brass thumb srew and hanger bolt but cannot find them here in Japan. They are available online through Woodpeck.com and McMaster.com but I couldn't justify the cost of shipping so I went with stainless.

Thanks Stu. I didn't check them. They have brass wingnuts but no brass thumbscrews only stainless. BTW knurled thumbscrews are called roretto neji in Japanese. Learned that one during my search.:wave: