Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first car

Talking What was your first car

Mine was a Ford model "A"
    Paid with sweat and blood.

Worked for a farmer one summer, lived there get up 4 Am
    to milk cows (20) and ride the combine for wheat, and hay cutting.

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

A 1960 T-Bird. I learned a lot about auto mechanics with that one. The 352 cubic inch engine was a major POC!

But it was cool looking...
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

a 1964 ford fairlane with a powerful 160 could squeall tires if you were on dirt to get them slippun first. even got a ticket for exebition drivun witht eh powerful ford motor.. and had apair of coil springs wedged under the back frame to get her higher to look neat, but on the curves they would fall out sometimes and would have to retreive them bought it with hay money and paid my own insurance as well.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

68 Dodge window van done up with padded & carpetted floor and curtains on all the windows. The teenage girls' dads always gave me a nasty look when I pulled up. Wonder why?
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Gosh, you guys are old.

1981 Pontiac Acadian - Pontiac version of the Chevette, not sold in the US. Four on the floor!

Technically this dunebuggy. I bought it right after High School and sold it the first time it got cold. Sorry if the immages are big.

This was my first real car. Owned it for most of my college time.

More pics of my cars here.
    Jim

`66 dodge polaris wagon....then later that same year my h.s. shop project a 350 vega
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

1958 Vauxhall Victor Station wagon. The electrical system certainly could not handle Canadian winters.
    Cheers, Frank

1959 Olds Dynamic 88 - a boat with wheels!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

The first car I ever got to drive on a regular basis was a 1960 Renault Dauphin. When we got it, it was solid black but needed a paint job, so Daddy painted it with a white top, hood, and trunk lid, with the rest black. We called it "the skunk" for the rest of our days. For those of you who aren't familiar with this car, it was just about the size of the first Honda Civics to hit these shores---very small and cramped. My 6'6" father used to fold up like an accordian and fit into the car. Everyone in our little town recognized the car, so when I drove it, I'd pass people who would honk and wave---at the car, not the driver. I couldn't go anywhere without someone recognizing that car and me driving it. In about 1964, it started using oil---lots of oil. I was driving it back and forth to college, 11 miles each way. I'd put a quart of oil in it in the morning, drive it to school, than put another quart of oil in it in the evening to drive it home. That got expensive after a while.

The first car I ever owned was a 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 4-door, bright yellow. Paid $1000 for it in 1965, got it on Saturday, promptly backed it into a Cadillac on Sunday!!!

Gads I'm old!!!!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.