What was your first prank?

One I can safely share

My best friend (and we are still in contact after 45 years) were quite the outdoorsmen. Many hours exploring the woods, fields, creeks, streams and local drainage ditches looking for treasure. On our way back home one afternoon we ran across an old stuffed squirrel that had been disposed of in a local drainage ditch. Rather ratty looking but a great prize for future mayhem.

Arriving at my house roughly 30 minutes later we immediately put this stuffed squirrel to use. Snuck in the back stairs, down the basement and placed it on the washer which was near the end of its cycle. The cycle was ended with a loud buzzer which would result in my mom coming downstairs to transfer the clothes.

We hid around the back of the boiler and waited. The buzzer went off, my mom comes down the stairs, turns into the laundry room and immediately starts yelling for my dad to come NOW! The snorks and snerts quickly became outright howling and we were busted.

We did not play pranks on my dad. However, one evening he and I were sitting next to each other on the living room couch. Dad was drinking a beer (straight from the can) and was going to leave for a union meeting ina few minutes. I was playing catch with the dog by tossing a tennis ball up in the air. The dog was quite good at catch the ball and not surprising being a Jack Russel mix. Now a tennis ball is close to the maximum size this dog could hold in the mouth. Occasionally a misjudgement was made and the ball would ricochet off the front teeth. (Can you guess where this is headed?) One toss of the ball was perfectly timed with the sip off that beer can. The ball bounced from the dogs mouth and hit the can right square on the bottom of the can. Not hard, but enough to send a small stream of beer down both sides of my dads chin. He looked over at me with death in his eyes. I was horrified yet the urge to laugh was near overwhelming. I am still alive because my mom witnessed this and started laughing which distracted dad long enough for me to escape.