consolation prize

Bill Lantry

Hey, folks,

The doctor dug into my shoulder a couple weeks ago... had to go back today so he could freeze all the surrounding area. Yuck! Talk about intimations of mortality! ;) He says defrosted bits of frozen flesh will fall off for a while, like a really bad frostbite, then it'll be an oozing open wound, then... well, you get the picture. :( Bleck!

So, to console myself, I just ordered the monster lathe tool 4 piece set. I figure that'll be better than trying to make my own... and If I get *really* ambitious, I can always make new tips for it, like, say, a hook, etc. I know some of you guys have them... have you ever tried to make accessories?

Thanks,

Bill

I've not made any accessories (or other cutting bits) of my own yet, but you're gonna like the Monster tools. ;)

Yep Bill you are definately going to like that tool. I am like you. I just don't have the time to build or make tools. If I did I would have to give up turning. You will not be sorry and Randy is a great guy to work with. He will take care of you. Heal up quick.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder Bill. My Great Great Grandfather had a wound that had to be scrubbed open each day. No, didn't make much sense, but this was Civil war medicine.:rolleyes: I hope yours heals quickly and completely.

Oh, I'm laid up with a broken knuckle - I just hope the new circular saw I just ordered will ease the pain.:thumb: :D :D

Enjoy the new tools!

Wes

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Bill, Your quick healing will be in my prayers.

My Great Great Grandfather had a wound that had to be scrubbed open each day. No, didn't make much sense, but this was Civil war medicine.:rolleyes: I hope yours heals quickly and completely.

Oh, I'm laid up with a broken knuckle - I just hope the new circular saw I just ordered will ease the pain.:thumb: :D :D

Wes

Wes, I believe the scrubbing was done to force the wound to heal from the
inside out, this lessoned the chance for gang green.

Some burn victims to this day have this done also to promote healing
From the inside out.

Hey ! .. I got a splinter! would that rate a router bit?

Boy … Bill you started something now! ,,,,:rolleyes: