Weekend Goals

Jeff Horton

This seems to be the most active thread each week and I keep forgetting about it. So post you GOALS for the weekend. Then Monday we can see what we got done.

My goals are simple. I want to run a wire across the shop from the phaze converter and install j-boxes so I can run drops from there to the different machines.

Now I hope to actually get power dropped to each machine and at least one hooked up and running. BUT, I am going conservative. If I get my wire run I will have meet my goal and anything about that is a Gravy! ;)

Jeff

Continue to watch the oil dry on a couple pieces so they can be waxed and transported to central Calif. next week. Start machining the boards for the 'next' workbench base that have been drying for awhile. General cleanup and some sharpening that always seems to get put off lately (I'm usually pretty good about it).

Find the key that locks my propane tank to the wall upstairs (so it does not get stolen) so I can take it into the Dungeon to fire my new forge (that needs building) so I can do some tool making..... :doh:

AND visit some friends on Sunday afternoon, hoping VERY hard that they gals go out and go shopping for bathing suits and leave me at home :D

I cannot imagine a fate worse, going out with two 13 year olds and one 11 year old shopping for clothes, just slit my wrists now please :D :rofl:

Heck, I'll sit in the truck and read my latest edition of Fine Woodworking!! :thumb:

Aside from turning a thing or two, I'll be doing some general shop (and house) cleaning in preparation for my sister's upcoming visit (on the 4th).

Also have some planting to do on the hillside below our back yard (never fun working on the hill), I need to make a run to our storage unit, and try to figure out what the scraping sound is that LOML is hearing when she's driving her car.

I have two main goals this weekend.
1) Bring home a shop smith if all checks out.

2) Finishing makeing the railing for the resturaunt porch. A freind is pouring a new concrete(cement) stairs.

Other then this there are several small things that I might thinker with.

Last summer mine princess bought our grandson a seat for the yard. A double style with two ajoining seats at an angle with a table between. China junque but cute to play awhile. Well, they left it out over winter and of course it became kindling...:( SWMBO instructed me to "repair" same.... :rofl:

Repair is a nice word, as all was splintered, but She spoke and I do as she says... :thumb: So I (with new wood) completely reconstructed the seat aside from using the Seat Slats and the Back Splats, all new 3/4" Pallet Pine construction. Glued Screwed and Painted, As instructed. One evening and all day today for a $14 toy chair. :huh: Oh Well, I might have been doing something useful (like fishing) but that would have cost me a C-note with gas prices and such, so I guess I'm better off. I know the fishies are.... :D

Once again I am a bit late, I guess being to busy engaged in activities to check out this forum.

Anyway my golas are modest this weekend actually.

Put a copper roof on my Cupola
Put a final coat of poly on a gun cabinet I made a LONG time ago
Most importantly though Play with Alyson just because I have not done that lately

Well in sort of way, am doing something.
Not working in the shop (should be)

We are working on our wills, etc.

Then am in the process of writing a booklet of my exploits since my first recollections. Got 8 pages (fine print) done.
Calulate that will have about 25 pages of history for the the kids.

My brother tracked us clear back to John Spear (Spare)
born on 1746, St. Keyne Parrish Cornwall England. :thumb:

And how our name changed. He has put together of documentation about 100 pages. :rolleyes:

Could tell you somewhere we are related to a King that gave up his throne for a loved one.:eek:

Could tell you somewhere we are related to indian princess.:thumb:

Could tell you somewhere we got a horse thief that got hung.:rofl:

Could tell you..............:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Tried out the new TK Freud combination blade....Very Nice:thumb: . I noticed a fast feed rate and less noise immediatly. Made 2 ZCIs for it.

Also tried out the new Delta dado stack. It delivers as promised, very flat & clean dados.:thumb: I made up 3 ZCIs for it, 1/4in, 1/2in, & 3/4in, as these are the most comon sizes I find I use...

I also worked on tuning up my band saw. I'm pretty sure that the next big tool will be a "real" 14 in band saw. This 9in sears model is a junker. But its going to be a while on that, so I need to make due with what I have.:(

Hey Stu, whats the Christmas count down to now?

My immediate project is to finish my cross cut sled. Then build a down draft "table". All the plans for this are right here <points to head>. The word table is in quotes, because it isn't exactly a table. but you will see what I mean......
Then I can get back to my cabinet project for my family room.

Last edited:
Continue to watch the oil dry on a couple pieces so they can be waxed and transported to central Calif. next week. Start machining the boards for the 'next' workbench base that have been drying for awhile. General cleanup and some sharpening that always seems to get put off lately (I'm usually pretty good about it).

The oil is dry and I'm on the 3rd coat of wax so that one almost counts as accomplished.

The 'next' bench base is about half done so I over-accomplished on that task.

I didn't clean up or sharpen a darn thing.