A tour of my little shop

Bob Noles

I haven't been on the forums much lately for various reasons, but thought I'd stop by and add my little shop tour. I know many of you have seen my shop before, but for those that have not, here it is. Just got thru with a rearrange and cleaning so I thought it was a good oppoprtunity to drag out the camera.

You can find some fresh shots of my shop I just uploaded at this link.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/bnoles616/Shop/?start=all

This building came into being in the late 1800's at the turn of century. It was an old fire house for the small town I live in and this is where they kept the horse drawn fire wagon back at that time. When I first met the building it was deteriorated to the point of needing to be torn down, but I decided to restore it to it's current state. More than 3 years later it now serves as my small corner of the world where I can fully enjoy my woodworking hobby. The inside measures 12 1/2 X 17 1/2.

With only a little over 200 square feet to work with, I have to utilize every square inch to the fullest where neatness and organization are a must. All major tools are on mobile stands which allows for easy moving around and even wheeling outdoors to work on favorable days.

Enjoy the tour and good seeing many old friends here.

Last edited:
Good to see you peek in, Bob. It looks like you copied and pasted the link from a post on another forum. It shortened the URL (the part with the ...in it), and that's why it's not working. Try going to the correct Photobucket page, then copy the URL (web address) that's at the top of your browser. Then you can edit your post above and paste in the new URL. That should fix things.)

Bob, I love your shop. :thumb: I can see myself sitting on that front porch sipping an ice cold Coca-Cola!

I agree, one thing I wish I would have done was make a porch for resting under with a cold beverage. Love the way you decorated it too.

Looks like you have made a heck of a nice shop using a relatively small area Bob, Good job!:thumb:

Thanks Bob!

Hi Bob,:wave:

Hope you don't mind if I borrow an idea or two.:) My shop is in a semi-wooded corner of the property and is similar in appearance to yours. I really like the front of your shop. It seems so nostalgic and inviting. I want to start there and then when I get inside, I've got to get more organized! :eek: You are light years ahead of me when it comes to being organized.

I have remembered your shop for quite some time and, believe it or not, had decided to look for a pic of it when I saw your post. Thanks for sharing!

There they are. What a great job you've done in that space. Don't you just love the flip top planer/scroll saw station. It seems mine is in constant motion (planer & belt/disc sander). Great use of the corners. I see you keep a fire extinguisher by the door. I've got one by each door. My philosophy is that if I can't get the fire out I'll at least have door access. After a couple recent threads I am planning on adding one by the DC. A beautiful workspace inside and out. thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the nice comments.

It took me nearly 2 years of learning and mistakes to reach this point and I think I am very happy with it now.

Time to work in the shop instead of on the shop now :thumb: