Thread: Granger buys McFeely's

Granger buys McFeely's

Found this on the Festool Owners Group forum...

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/200...ires-mcfeelys/

I hope all goes well, I love the square drives...

Me too. Grainger isn't known for their competitive pricing.

Or their friendly attitudes. Great place to get a motor though. I hope they don't change McFeely's operation much.

I have worked for over 20 years in an industry where buy-outs and takeovers are the rule. The most successful acquisitions are often the ones that are left to perform in the manner that made them worth acquiring in the first place. Unfortunately many "buyers" think they know how to do it 'better' even though they never did it in the first place.

Let's hope this goes more like Yahoo's absorption of Inktomi and not like Ameritech's acquisition of Anixter Integration (Ameritec was bought by Pacific Bell who was bought by SBC and A.I. has essentially disappeared). I'll cross my fingers.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Talk about disappearing buyouts

Since Bessey has gobbled up Gross Stabil, try to go to the Gross Stabil website. Can you say: no more Gross Stabil? If you can't beat them, buy them out. How many good companies has Semantec bought out because they had a superior product?

BTW, All Pro Tools is having a closeout on GS clamps. Get them while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock View Post
    Since Bessey has gobbled up Gross Stabil, try to go to the Gross Stabil website. Can you say: no more Gross Stabil? If you can't beat them, buy them out. How many good companies has Semantec bought out because they had a superior product?

BTW, All Pro Tools is having a closeout on GS clamps. Get them while you can!
    Don't get me started on Cisco. Oh, I love when they suck up Kalpana, Protega and Airspace because they pretty much fully integrate those. The ones that bug me are the ones that get gobbled up and disappear that looked like they had a viable offering.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I've really liked dealing with McFeely's. Sure do hope this won't ruin them.
    Ken

The only McFeely's I am familiar with was the hardware store on "Mr Rodger's Neighborhood". Is this one and the same?
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how