Now THAT was dumb

ken werner

I added some wrap-around steps to our deck this weekend. Took all day both Sat & Sun. Finishing up last evening, about 7:30, I had a pile of treated wood shorts under my arm. Just too big to toss, and too small to really use, but if I toss 'em, I know I'll need 'em next week....

So I was going to my pile of wood too good to throw out, when I slipped on the loose gravel slope. Landed left ribs first, right on that pile I was carrying. I am a hurting unit. Don't think I broke anything - no problem breathing or sitting still, but watch out for moving and sneezing.

When I first hit the ground, it knocked the wind out of me. Couldn't breathe at all. Thought I was gonna die. But then, I didn't.

So now, in addition to tool safety, I have to be careful about cleaning up too. Sheesh!.

Ken

Hey Ken, that was dumb :D

Hope you heal fast! :wave:

I've broken or cracked a total of 8 ribs, most at one time was 4, sucked big time, hurt to breath, but you got to breath right :bang:

Hope you are just bruised, busted ribs are no fun at all!

So.............. did you keep the scraps :D :rofl:

As dumb goes, I got you beat. Pared a bit of my thumb last week instead of a mortise. I'm always relieved when I do something that stupid with a chisel rather than a table saw.

Not to make light of your accident though, hope it all heals up quick, sounds like nothing broken. I've done the same thing with knocking the wind out, a very alarming thing to be conscious that you can't breathe.

Hey Ken, that was dumb :D Sorry, I just wanted to keep the rhythm going. Now is when your "real" friends would drop by with the funniest movie you ever saw and watch while you laugh in pain. Oh, we are a sorry lot. Heal up quick.

The only dumb thing you did was admit this to all of us!!!:rofl:

Hopefully the the worst of the damage is bruised ribs and ego. Thanks for reminding all of us to be careful!

Hey Ken, that was dumb :D Sorry, I just wanted to keep the rhythm going. Now is when your "real" friends would drop by with the funniest movie you ever saw and watch while you laugh in pain. Oh, we are a sorry lot. Heal up quick.

Glen, you made me laugh. Ouch.

Thanks guys, and be careful out there. And yes, I did keep the wood.

Ken

Ben and I returned to the scene of the crime. I didn't fall onto the wood - I fell onto an old car battery I had sitting next to the woodpile. No wonder it hurt. As it's been a few days, and I'm still hurting, I'm going to try and get xrays tomorrow. Any guesses? I bet 1 or 2 broken ribs.

Ken

That'll teach you to not leave your car batteries laying around!!! I'd never do something like that!:rolleyes: Hope they are just bruised and not broke. I've never broke a rib, so I can't imagine how bad it must feel. Best wishes!