Once you go "GREEN" you won't go back

randy street

Finally got my first Deere. I've always wanted one but had to settle for a "little" one.

Our lot is only 1/2 acre but this sure makes it quick and easy to mow.

Deere.jpg

Randy

Congrats on the new "Green Machine". There are other that will be green with envy. It is not quite time for me to get one, but it will be coming soon.

Randy,

Congrats on the green.

I hope Denise doesn't see this post. She's been trying to talk me into one of those...albeit larger...to handle 5-10 acres...for a while now.

I'm sure you're gonna like your new toy! :thumb:

- Marty -

Congrats Randy.

I've had my 345 for 13 years and 700 hours with nary a problem. Just replaced the battery last year. Regular oil changes [50 hours] and two trips to the dealer. One for 500 hour check and one other problem that turned out to be very minor. Mine mows, rototills the garden, blows snow in the winter and carries all kinds of stuff around in the trailer, so it gets used all year long.

Marty, sounds like you could use something in the 4000 series with a blade, backhoe, mower etc. There are times I wish I had enough property to warrant one that big. Then there are other times I'm glad I only have an acre. :)

Karl

Mine mows, rototills the garden, blows snow in the winter and carries all kinds of stuff around in the trailer, so it gets used all year long.

Living in Florida for 9 years I didnt ever have to worry about this, but I'm going to have to find something that blow's snow also. When we moved up here this year we had already missed all the heavy stuff so I got by without anything but the new season to rapidly approaching so I need to do something.

Randy

Congrats on the new Deere.

I can't help but show pictures of our "Deere herd"....and a few others tossed in there to show we aren't color blind.

You are right, once you are green, ain't no going back.

Attachments

• Huber.jpg
    Huber.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_3385.jpg
    100_3385.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_3379.jpg
    100_3379.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_2439_044.jpg
    100_2439_044.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 5
Randy,

Congrats on your new Deere. They sure are helpful, even with a smaller lot. I have just shy of an acre, with about 1/3 lawn. The little JD170 with the front blade is use for trail maintenance and landscaping.

JD Green is ok, I have a 216 thats been delegated to utility work this year. Tiller and pulling cart and log arch. Notice the hydraulic cylinder on the cart? Yes I'm lazy. I changed out the single spool lift valve for a double so now I have a set of remotes.

The 444 case is the new yard mower. I've considered hooking the yard vac to the shop DC. Bet could almost suck the saw out through the pipes :rofl: :rofl:

The 216 set up for tilling right after getting the garden tilled, thats the cousins house in the background

Last but not least since we are on Garden tractors is Wade on his Cub pulling the log arch right after we picked it up Saturday.

The next addition is going to be a Farmtrac545dtc
soon as the dozer is fixed it's going up for sale and one way or another I'm gonna have one of these bad boys

Attachments

• jdcase1.JPG
    jdcase1.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 9
  • jdcase2.JPG
    jdcase2.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 9
  • jdtiller.JPG
    jdtiller.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 9
  • wadecub.JPG
    wadecub.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 8
I'm green with envy looking at all you guys with enough land to need a John Deere (and the space to store one or more). We've got the biggest lawns in the neighborhood, but it's not enough to warrant a riding mower. Instead of a John Deere, we have a Pedro Arroyo (and his crew) to mow our lawn. :D