SketchUp Style Experiments

Dave Richards

I thought I'd post a couple of examples of some new SketchUp styles I've been experiimenting with. These two are actually based on the same original but with slight changes. The only post SU editing has been a contrast bump done in Picasa. Click on the images for larger views.

Very cool, Dave -- especially the second one. (It's a bit tough to make out the detail on the back of the first chair.) Is the watercolor and canvas available in the free version, or is it only in the Pro version? Like Tim, I wish I had more time to be able to delve deeper into SketchUp. Thanks to your help, I can get around OK in it, but many of the shortcuts and tricks are still yet to be learned.

Thank you to both of you.

Vaughn, what I did here could be done with the free version of SU6. The style started out as This Watercolor Style which was installed in the Styles folder under Google\Google SketchUp6. Actually I have a folder inside the Styles folder for new styles and it went there.

After installing the style, I opened SU the model and applied the style. Under the Edit tab I edited the Watermark to change the paper texture to one I found on the internet.

The back or the Ats and Crafts Chair is a bit difficult to read because of the texture applied as the watermark. I need to play with that a bit but for these sorts of renders, details won't be that easily seen anyway.