Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Manage Attachments

Can't Manage Attachments

Something wrong on my end? I no longer seem to have the option to post attachments. Where the "Manage attachments" button normally is all I have is a sentence that reads, "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd skp txt zip Thread".Also, I can't insert smilies, choose a different font, etc.What happened? I recently removed Norton from my machine - just too invasive - and I've been trying out some of the fee virus software. Could that be the issue?
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Rennie,

Log out, clear your cookies, then log back in. See if that fixes it. You might also try clearing history, or log in by typing the FW address...not from a favorite/bookmark link.

Also, you need to search for Symantic, Norton etc. and find the little bits of garbage that gets left behind when you remove "Norton". Manually delete them.

Let us know how it comes out.

Oh,now that's interesting. I went to open a search and all I get is the window, blank on the left side, and the little dog. No place to enter the search criteria!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Rennie,

Did that happen after you went through the steps above?

Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    Rennie,

Did that happen after you went through the steps above?

Let us know.
    After - I used CCleaner to delete cookies and temp files. Then, when I went to search out the Norton stuff, I discovered I can't search. I have since downloaded and reinstalled IE7, still having the same problems. Home page won't load, can't do smilies or upload pictures, IE won't allow automatic redirect.

OK, go to www.mozilla.com and download the latest version of FireFox, and install. Bring up the forum by typing in the address and see what happens.

Sometimes FF will work, even when IE won't.... If it does, you will at least be able to post normally while we figure out IE... If it doesn't...we'll, we will look at that if it happens...

Well - many hours and $40 poorer (Norton Uninstall software) and I still seem to be having the same issues - no Windows search capabinities, browser won't redirect, can't upload pictures, no smilies.......I will NEVER EVER have any Norton product on any computer I own.OK - FF here I come.

OK - went to Mozilla and can't find out how to download it - unless.... something is blocking me. I scoured the website - nowhere do I see a button or link that says, "Download FireFox".What am I missing????

Hmmmm When I click on the link I get this....

Attachment 10414

The download button is the green button.

Are you getting something different? You might try clicking on "products" if the same screen is not there.
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 09-13-2009 at 03:46 AM.

I get everything but the green button.