Can't Manage Attachments

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Something wrong on my end? I no longer seem to have the option to post attachments. Where the "Manage attachments" button normally is all I have is a sentence that reads, "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd skp txt zip Thread".Also, I can't insert smilies, choose a different font, etc.What happened? I recently removed Norton from my machine - just too invasive - and I've been trying out some of the fee virus software. Could that be the issue?

Rennie,

Log out, clear your cookies, then log back in. See if that fixes it. You might also try clearing history, or log in by typing the FW address...not from a favorite/bookmark link.

Also, you need to search for Symantic, Norton etc. and find the little bits of garbage that gets left behind when you remove "Norton". Manually delete them.

Let us know how it comes out.

Oh,now that's interesting. I went to open a search and all I get is the window, blank on the left side, and the little dog. No place to enter the search criteria!

Rennie,

Did that happen after you went through the steps above?

Let us know.

After - I used CCleaner to delete cookies and temp files. Then, when I went to search out the Norton stuff, I discovered I can't search. I have since downloaded and reinstalled IE7, still having the same problems. Home page won't load, can't do smilies or upload pictures, IE won't allow automatic redirect.

OK, go to www.mozilla.com and download the latest version of FireFox, and install. Bring up the forum by typing in the address and see what happens.

Sometimes FF will work, even when IE won't.... If it does, you will at least be able to post normally while we figure out IE... If it doesn't...we'll, we will look at that if it happens...:huh:

:rofl:

Well - many hours and $40 poorer (Norton Uninstall software) and I still seem to be having the same issues - no Windows search capabinities, browser won't redirect, can't upload pictures, no smilies.......I will NEVER EVER have any Norton product on any computer I own.OK - FF here I come.

OK - went to Mozilla and can't find out how to download it - unless.... something is blocking me. I scoured the website - nowhere do I see a button or link that says, "Download FireFox".What am I missing????

You might also try going to IE, Tools, Internet Options, Programs and uncheck the box making IE the default browser.... Just for the heck of it.

Also under Advanced, you might try reseting Internet Explorer, at the bottom of the window. Be sure to click Apply before clicking OK and closing. Log out, close IE and reopen, log-in and see what happens then.

You might also try going to IE, Tools, Internet Options, Programs and uncheck the box making IE the default browser.... Just for the heck of it.

Also under Advanced, you might try reseting Internet Explorer, at the bottom of the window. Be sure to click Apply before clicking OK and closing. Log out, close IE and reopen, log-in and see what happens then.
OK - Firefox now up and running!!:D

Still having troubles with Windows - Search function not working.:eek:

Smilies work! :wave:

Guess it might be time to replace the machine - a low end, 6 year old, Gateway. maybe it's trying to tell me something :huh:

Greg - Thanks. I would have gone crazy trying to figure this all out.:bonkers: Any more words of wisdom? :bow:
moz-screenshot.jpg

Great!

So...does Firefox take care of all your viewing/posting/searching problems?

I would bet Norton is the fly in the sugar bowl. It is soooo hard to get rid of it all.

Try reloading IE from it's site now....using FireFox as your browser... and see if a fresh version will work better. If not, and FF does what you want, use it. (I think it's better anyway:thumb: )

If all works well, no need to upgrade your box, unless you just want to. I'd check around to see if Intel/AMD are coming out with any new exciting chips very soon before I made a change.

Let us know how a fresh IE works.

Great!

So...does Firefox take care of all your viewing/posting/searching problems?

I would bet Norton is the fly in the sugar bowl. It is soooo hard to get rid of it all.

Try reloading IE from it's site now....using FireFox as your browser... and see if a fresh version will work better. If not, and FF does what you want, use it. (I think it's better anyway:thumb: )

If all works well, no need to upgrade your box, unless you just want to. I'd check around to see if Intel/AMD are coming out with any new exciting chips very soon before I made a change.

Let us know how a fresh IE works.
Firefox seems to have taken care of the internet issues. I still have no windows search function. I might just stay with FF for now. No sense tempting fate!:eek:

I've uploaded pictures to another thread with no trouble and I'm going to go out and surf a bit to see how things work. If I have problems, you'll be one of the first to hear - I'll need your help!

As for a new box - I don't know. It's 6 years old and, I guess, living on borrowed time.:dunno: